We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Augusta National questions - Friday round

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
280 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Augusta National questions - Friday round

We're flying in tomorrow and really looking forward to our first trip to Augusta and Augusta National

I have a few questions I hope some of you can answer. Thank you for your time and help!

Can you get into the course gift shop before the main gates open or does everything open at 8am?

I know chairs have to be armless, but do they have to be the official Master's green chairs or can I bring in a small camo armless chair?

We'd like to set up our chairs first thing as we walk through the gates in the morning at 16th green or somewhere close by. Will it be tough to find a good spot since it's a popular area? Do you recommend a better spot to set up a chair for late afternoon viewing?

Where is the best place to enter the course to get to 16 quickly?

Thanks again!

3 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,628 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Augusta National questions - Friday round

You can bring your own chair. That part I do know.

Augusta, Georgia
Level Contributor
509 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Augusta National questions - Friday round

The concessions are on the club's grounds. You have to clear the gates to get there. Gates open at 8 am.

atlanta
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Augusta National questions - Friday round

In fact, having a non-Masters chair would be a benefit. I've never seen so many people looking for their chairs in row after row of the same one. I watched one group for at least 15 minutes - they should have put bright ribbons on them :)

Reply to: Augusta National questions - Friday round
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Augusta