We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to Masters- women's attire

TX
Level Contributor
91 posts
38 reviews
1st time to Masters- women's attire

Hello, this is my first time to the Masters. I know I need comfortable shoes. I am not a golfer so I don't want to purchase a golf attire. What do women wear? sundress? shorts? Thank you for your help!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: 1st time to Masters- women's attire

I wore a sun dress & fit in just fine. Enjoy!

Augusta, Georgia
Level Contributor
561 posts
163 reviews
2. Re: 1st time to Masters- women's attire

25 years ago patrons would still dress up to visit the course. Nowadays, people ware whatever they want. Jeans, shorts, flip flops.

Do ware something comfortable and appropriate for the weather. Bring sunscreen and a hat. The grass can be wet. So, leave your sexy pumps and opt for flats or sneakers.

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
296 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: 1st time to Masters- women's attire

"25 years ago patrons would still dress up to visit the course. Nowadays, people ware whatever they want. Jeans, shorts, flip flops."

Please don't wear jeans and flip flops to the course. A nice sun dress or nice pair of shorts / top is good.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,311 posts
103 reviews
4. Re: 1st time to Masters- women's attire

Last year I wore linen pants and leather sandals. I found the grass slippery and the sandals offered no support, so by the end of the day I was hobbling. This year I'm wearing a skirt and ballet slipper style athletic shoes. Something to consider is if you'll be sitting on grass or a low chair you won't want a skirt that's too short.

There will also be plenty of women in capris and golf shirts.

Also, a sun hat is a good idea. It will be hot and bright.

Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
5. Re: 1st time to Masters- women's attire

Can you wear sandals with the sundress? Or do they require closed toe. Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,311 posts
103 reviews
6. Re: 1st time to Masters- women's attire

You can wear sandals, but remember that the course is hilly and the grass might be wet, so wear some that give you traction.

The only rule about shoes is no golf shoes with spikes.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,047 posts
239 reviews
7. Re: 1st time to Masters- women's attire

Based on the weather today and tomorrow's forecast, no skirt or sandals for me!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,311 posts
103 reviews
8. Re: 1st time to Masters- women's attire

Isabill, for some reason I always thought you were a dude. Though, I guess if you wanted to wear a skirt I'm not one to judge :)

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,047 posts
239 reviews
9. Re: 1st time to Masters- women's attire

LOL. Nope, I'm a dudette with a funny TA name. But still no skirt (or phone, or camera) tomorrow :)

Augusta, Georgia
Level Contributor
561 posts
163 reviews
10. Re: 1st time to Masters- women's attire

I was at the course earlier in the week. Women wear everything. Shorty shorts, yoga pants, dresses, skirts. Nice shorts and sneakers are everywhere. Condoleezza Rice was wearing pants with her green jacket.