We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis and Uber Masters week

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Taxis and Uber Masters week

We don't plan on renting a car for our Weds & Thurs rounds at the Masters. I've never been (can't wait!), and I hope this isn't a mistake. I haven't checked yet if out hotel has a shuttle, but I'm doubting it. Dies anyone know what the cab availability and/or Uber situation is that week in Augusta, and if the rates are jacked sky-high?

Mentioned in this post
Augusta
Augusta
Georgia
27 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,213 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Taxis and Uber Masters week

No solicitation, Tony.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Taxis and Uber Masters week

Total crap . Uber doesn’t bring drivers anywhere. They come if they want to.

Also BS on telling riders to cancel if not local.

GPS works fine

Veteran Uber Driver from Aiken

Mentioned in this post
Aiken
Aiken
South Carolina
1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: Taxis and Uber Masters week

How much did you make Uber during the Master's & is it better on the weekend's

Columbia, MO
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Taxis and Uber Masters week

I have a question about major events. This weekend is the PGA Championship in St. Louis. I received a message about Uber pick-up/drop off areas. I live 2 hours away in the middle of the state and was thinking of driving in to work Uber in St. Louis vs. my normal nights where I live. I live in a college town and stay pretty busy. Factoring in the drive time to St. Louis, do you think it's worth it to drive in and work Uber or will there be a ton of drivers/Surge won't be on/too much supply and I should stick with driving in Columbia? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Mentioned in this post
Columbia
Columbia
South Carolina
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,245 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Taxis and Uber Masters week

You are asking about our opinions about driving uber in Missouri...on the Georgia forum?!

If so...

Sure. Do it.

What the heck do we know?!

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
United States
Columbia, MO
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Taxis and Uber Masters week

I'm more of asking the theoretical for large events...have you Uber drivers that drove during the Masters make a lot of money or were there so many drivers that the demand wasn't there. For me to drive to St. Louis will take two hours, I stay pretty busy on the weekends here in Columbia, MO so I wasn't sure if it would be worth it for me to drive in to work the PGA Championship. If I can make $1k-$2K it would be worth it to me, if I'm going to make $100 I won't do it. Just asking your opinion.

Mentioned in this post
Columbia
Columbia
South Carolina
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,245 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Taxis and Uber Masters week

"have you Uber drivers that drove"

That's the part I don't understand.

Why do you think there are Uber drivers posting here in the Georgia forum?

I know the Georgia regulars and have never heard any of them mentioning that they drive for Uber.

Maybe there's a forum for Uber drivers?

A friend drives for Uber and doesn't drive two hours to drive for the Masters. Maybe that's helpful in some way?

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
United States
Reply to: Taxis and Uber Masters week
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted