We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices in Pana

Lancing, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
130 reviews
Prices in Pana

Hi, I’ve researched some approx. prices for Pana for a private room/bath...according to TA and Booking.com I may need to take a new mortgage 😳

I’m going to arrive midday-ish and will take my chances on where to stay and the cost.

Recommendations would be most welcome.

Budget is around £25-£30 a night? Does that seem reasonable?

9 replies to this topic
Crowsnest Pass...
Level Contributor
603 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Prices in Pana

Booking.com has 6 rooms (2 people) for a random night at the end of February for under 30/night. Unless you plan on staying during a holiday (such as Easter), you shouldn't have any problem finding a place. I usually stay in a homestay but on my last visit spent 3 nights at Posada Kamol Bey. I think that their rate would be in your price range but can't find the price online. Look on google maps for the location. Its up a side road near the lake and there are 2 or 3 other similar hotels on that street as well. Other places to look are heading up the hill towards the Catholic church (in the vicinity of the Circus Bar), or near the intersection of Principal and Calle Santander (there is a small road to the west (left) of that intersection called Callejon Santa Elena - but no street sign, that has several hotels on it. Don't plan on driving down that road though, its walking only after the first intersection)

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,707 posts
331 reviews
2. Re: Prices in Pana

I like Mario's Rooms - right on Santander with a little garden area and onsite restaurant; rooms are smallish, clean, have huge safes. It should be in your price range with breakfast included. The website hasn't been working but you could try facebook or call (they do fill up sometimes).

http://www.mariosroomsatitlan.com

https://www.facebook.com/mariosroomsatitlan/

+502 7762 1313

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,052 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Prices in Pana

Stacey, that web address is no longer correct. You can email Mario's Rooms at mariosrooms7@gmail.com

I stayed one night at Hotel Victoria for $15.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29…

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
963 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Prices in Pana

Go down Santander towards the docks to the Hotel Kachiquel (sp?) and turn right. In a couple of hundred meters the road bends to the left. Look to the right and you will find some apartments that are in your price range. This place has no name but look for all the rose bushes bordering the garden (yard).

I also recommend the Hotel Victoria, although the last person I recommended it to had a noise issue due to inconsiderate loud partiers. I was there for a month and that did happen once to me as well. Posted quiet hours start at 10 PM so you can definitely ask the employees to shut those guests up if that should happen to you.

I stayed in two hostels on Santander not far from Hotel Kachiqel, both with private rooms and baths, for much much much less than 25 or 30 quid. Like 10 or 12 quid. I think one might be called San Francisco. There are many such places all over town.

Trip Advisor is not a good place to book hotels.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,707 posts
331 reviews
5. Re: Prices in Pana

Thanks - I hope they're able to update the website, even if it takes a new URL.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: Prices in Pana

If you want budget accomodations you can get them at a budget price. Fancy hotel you may need another mortgage. If you want a lot of nightlife etc you probably do want to stay near Santander, but I like peace and quiet and stay in Jucanya / Jukanya just across the bridge. If you are staying a few days, try Airbnb. I am paying < $20 US per night ( averaged weekday and weekend incl cleaning and booking fees) for a 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen and a patio (no view). It is 15 minutes to the supermarket, and 15-20 to the heart of the tourist scene. I walk everywhere and am chalking up 12K steps a day, but a tuk tuk wil take you anywhere for 5 Quetzales. (Last 2 years stayed 6 minutes further down the road to Sta Catarina in Jucanya in high season $35 for modest studio bungalow with view).

Lancing, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
130 reviews
7. Re: Prices in Pana

Thanks everyone for helping me. I just got decent WIFI and can say I am here - I did indeed get a room at Jaibalito where it’s super quiet. We really like it, and yes, Kate, I used Airbnb and got a very good rate for a beautiful room.

Thanks all. Next stop, in 5 days it’s Monterrico or El Paradon 😊

Marcellus, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
31 reviews
8. Re: Prices in Pana

Do you think you can get a small 1 bdrm cabin in Santa Cruz for less than 700/mo. Planning on 3mos min/6 mos max stay. Some of the realty sites haven't been updated since 2014. What do you think?? thnxs

Aberystwyth, United...
3 posts
9. Re: Prices in Pana

I stayed in rooms near the lake front. I cannot remember its name but it was in August 2016 and was very cheap only worked out to about £10 a night. The food by the lake front was expensive and not very good so I went back up the main street and had a good meal for around £5.

Reply to: Prices in Pana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Panajachel