We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How bad is the rain right now?

District of Columbia
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
How bad is the rain right now?

For those of you that are there now, how bad is the rain there right now?

I knew I was running a big risk by traveling in the rainy season but it was the only time we could do it. We are traveling next week and it's rain all day everyday.

how bad is it now? How much does it slow down travel across the lake if at all? Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,721 posts
331 reviews
1. Re: How bad is the rain right now?

I'm not there now but generally visit for a month or so both in the summer and in October/November. In my experience - even when the forecast looks like thunderstorms day after day - the mornings are generally gorgeous and it rains some days starting in the afternoon or evening. The ~3 weeks I spent on Lake Atitlán in July the forecast was similar and we had just one evening/night of very heavy rain. Have a great trip!

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: How bad is the rain right now?

We've had very little rain lately, and we could use some.

District of Columbia
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
3. Re: How bad is the rain right now?

Thank you for the insights. Knowing that the mornings are better is helpful. We have a peanut butter making workshop on one of the days in the morning with De La Gente tours... I though that would be fun for the kids. But I may switch it to the afternoon then so we can just wander in the morning in Antigua.

Thanks!

Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
247 reviews
4. Re: How bad is the rain right now?

In the entire month of July we had 2 inches of rain. The weather forecast listed the same "change of rain" every day.

Reply to: How bad is the rain right now?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lake Atitlan
Recent Conversations