We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November weather

Condon, Oregon
1 post
Save Topic
November weather

Hello,

I'll be traveling to Guatemala City for the first two weeks of November. I would like to know what the weather is like during that time of year so that I can pack appropriately. Thank you for any tips.

Sincerely, Candace

5 replies to this topic
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,530 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November weather

Temps are hot year round in lowlying areas like the coasts, Rio Dulce, and around Tikal and generally in the 70s year round in the highlands. November is a transitional period and it varies year to year whether you'll have significant rain or not but the mornings are generally gorgeous and then it rains some days starting in the afternoons, evenings, or overnight. I think it's a great time to travel because everything is green. November 1st and 2nd communities celebrate Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) - fascinating.

I take layers including a lightweight zip-up fleece jacket and a super light rain coat. My packing list is #14 in the Lonely Planet FAQ thread in case you'd like to check it out:

https:/…central-america-branch-faq

Happy trails!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
251 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November weather

Hi, I am planning for my trip next year and thinking of going there in November. Is it the hurricane season? There is one hitting Costa Rica and with so many strong hurricanes hit Caribbean islands this past few months this is really scary to go during the hurricane seasons. Any tips? Thanks.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,530 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November weather

It's unlikely you'd be impacted but it theory it can happen. You might consider travel insurance if you pay out a lot of nonrefundables in advance, but I'd still go.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
251 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November weather

We are flexible in our dates. Any "safe" month we should consider instead? Never trust that you can easily get any money from the insurance company

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,530 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November weather

Has worked for us! Hurricane season is June through November, also the wettest time of the year and one of our favorite times to visit - everything is green. If it's important for you to travel during the dry season, try December through April or May.

Reply to: November weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted