We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bone fishing

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Bone fishing

We want to go on fishing excursion,while in Placencia next January. Do guides supply equipped fly gear .Or do you have to bring your own.We are avid Trout fishermen in Canada. But not equipped for flats fishing. Also does any one know of an affordable guide.Thankyou tight lines ..

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bone fishing

Some guides, the better ones, may be able to supply gear. Expect to pay US$350 or thereabouts for a day's fly fishing. Personally I would bring my own gear, you need about an 8 weight rod and a slow sinking line. Contact me direct for a couple of recommended guides.

Hudson, Iowa
Level Contributor
202 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bone fishing

Ask them to take you to Ranguana or Nicolas cayes,that is where we saw and caught the most bones.

3. Re: Bone fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 00:10