We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to Belize in April - What is a must?

Orillia, ON
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Heading to Belize in April - What is a must?

Hello: We are heading to the Placencia Hotel in April and are excited about all that Belize has to offer. We are curious about the costs of some of the tours. We have the list from the hotel but know that there are local tour companies.

We want to go to the Mayan ruins, my husband would love to go fishing (but not willing to pay a fortune to do it), maybe some snorkeling if it's offered for beginners (I'm a strong swimmer but I've only been snorkelling once) and of course any shopping or specialties I should be looking for!

We'd be interested to hear from anyone that may have taken any of these tours and how much they cost. Also, we'd be glad to hear from anyone that has any other ideas of what to see or do while we are in Belize!

Thanks,

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to Belize in April - What is a must?

My favorite thing to do is follow the old plantation railroad rights of way into the jungle but thats just me you may have different interests.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to Belize in April - What is a must?

pamford, if you don't get any answers that are helpful try again in the general Belize forum. The Belize forum responders are usually a very helpful group.

Orillia, ON
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to Belize in April - What is a must?

Thanks for the tip! I'll try to find it now!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,836 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to Belize in April - What is a must?

Here you go:

http://www.belizeforum.com/belize/

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,748 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to Belize in April - What is a must?

Even better

www.placencia.com has all the info you require

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heading to Belize in April - What is a must?

The tours from the Placencia Hotel are VERY expensive, and I would avoid them like the plague. Just go into Placencia village (quite a ways but I guess they have a free transfer for you) and look around, plenty of tour companies. I'd suggest Monkey River trip, especially a night tour, offered by www.barebonestours.com only at the moment, the Jaguar preserve if you like nature hikes, the two small but interesting ruins at Nim Li Punit and Lubantuun, the new zip line at Bocawena National Park, 2000ft long and the longest in Belize, the new shorter but very enjoyable zip lines (ideal for the less brave) and river tubing at the Lodge at Big Falls, a trip out with a fishing guide for a mixed day of fishing, snorkling and ogling at the lovely reef and cayes (should cost about US$300 for the day but worth it), the wet and dry caves at blue creek caves. all of these you can find locally, except the night tour which is great, and my favourite.

Hudson, Iowa
Level Contributor
202 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heading to Belize in April - What is a must?

We did a full day fishing trip out of Placencia for $300, we went with a guy named Leslie that someone else set up. I wouldn't go with him but that will at least give you an idea of a price for fishing. Have a great time!

Danville, California
Level Contributor
33 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heading to Belize in April - What is a must?

You can do a snorkel/fishing combo with a guy named Marc Leslie. Reasonable price and he catches your lunch and cooks it on a island. Se if he will take you to Pumpkin Caye -there are bonefish there you can catch with a spinning rod and some shrimp or a fly rod.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heading to Belize in April - What is a must?

Dolce Vita for Italian food...Tutti fritti for gelato...Fat Boyz for Pizza, Barefoot Bar for drinks and food...and Chabil Mar for the best hotel in Placencia...

10. Re: Heading to Belize in April - What is a must?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2013, 00:26