We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Recommendation

Boston
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Accommodation Recommendation

My husband and I are planning to travel to Caye Caulker in December. This will be our first trip here. We are looking for some recommendations on places to stay. My husband dives so he will be taking a few dive trips without me. I would like to stay somewhere that has a pool. I know the beaches aren’t great but somewhere that has somewhere to sit by the water would be preferred. Inclusive of breakfast would also be great. Price is not a concern Thanks.

7 replies to this topic
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,613 posts
331 reviews
1. Re: Accommodation Recommendation

No pool but an awesome dock, one of our favorite places to stay anywhere in the world: www.colindacabanas.com

I dive with Belize Diving Services, in case your husband is looking for recommendations:

www.belizedivingservices.com

Happy trails!

Dallas
Level Contributor
186 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Accommodation Recommendation

I second Colinda Cabanas! We spent 2 weeks there last year and absolutely loved it. There is no pool but a lovely setting. Far enough away from the busy part of the island, so it is quiet. Yet, close enough to walk in 5 minutes or use the provided bicycle. For a pool, Iguana Reef is very nice and is on the leeward side, so very calm there. They also have a palapa bar on site.

Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Accommodation Recommendation

We are headed to Caye Caulker in December too. This will be our third trip to the island and our third time staying at Weezies https://www.weeziescayecaulker.com.

They have two pools and imho the best dock on the island. There are great lounge chairs and a palapa for shade.

Breakfast isn't included but the rooms have a kitchen so you can pick up some things at the store or the bakery.

Weezies is at the quiet end of the island and we prefer that. We rent bikes and can be at the center of things in 5 minutes.

Good luck with your search!

Dallas
Level Contributor
186 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Accommodation Recommendation

Weezies is just down the beach from Colinda Cababas. It is very nice a a great option!

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
662 posts
89 reviews
5. Re: Accommodation Recommendation

We’ve stayed at Caye Reef 3 times now. Absolutely love it. The condos are 2 bedrooms 2 bath, full kitchen, living room, large balcony, pool, and rooftop jacuzzi and hammocks. Also love the location facing the Reef and down near the Split.

Jon
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Key West, Avalon
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
224 reviews
6. Re: Accommodation Recommendation

Check out Iguana Reef Inn. Nice pool.

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Accommodation Recommendation

We love Caye Caulker. It is my favorite place on the planet. We always stay at Seaside Cabanas. They have a great pool and it’s super clean and safe. The staff is awesome.

Reply to: Accommodation Recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker
Recent Conversations