We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carlos Tours still going?

Yakima, Washington
7 posts
Carlos Tours still going?

Hi! I was on Caye Caulker in probably September of 2015, and did a snorkeling trip with Carlos Tours. It was perfect. I'm coming back in late June, but all trace of Carlos Tours seems to have disappeared online. Does anyone happen to know if there was too much damage from the hurricane, or if he's still in business?

17 replies to this topic
Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
662 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: Carlos Tours still going?

He's still in business. We were in Caye Caulker a couple months ago. We passed by his shop several times and it was always open.

But he does not answer emails or advance inquiries. Our condo had recommended him and I tried getting up with him to reserve a couple trips in advance since we were a group of 14. We liked the idea of a catamaran. We also needed to go particular days due to other activities. He never answered and we ended up reserving ahead with Caveman for both a half day and an all day. Had the best time! We will use Caveman again when we return next year.

Dallas
Level Contributor
186 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Carlos Tours still going?

Over the holidays, this year, we went on a day sail with him on his catamaran to Hol Chan Marine Reserve. It was a great day, his crew was excellent and he was a lot of fun. There were about 12 guests on the boat, which was a good size, but not too many people. He really knows the area and was great at pointing out different species. The price included 3 stops, lunch, ceviche, rum punch, soda and water and of course sailing! It was a full day, lots of sun, so bring a hat and wear sunscreen! He offers other packages as well, particularly out to the local reef off Caye Caulker. Sailing on the catamaran was so much fun! We did similar sail on Roatan during our last trip there and we loved that. So, when we spoke to him and he mentioned his catamaran, we jumped on the opportunity! Stop by his shop, it's on middle street, next to Amor Y Cafe.

Yakima, Washington
7 posts
3. Re: Carlos Tours still going?

That's great to hear, livesimpletravel. Back in 2015 his company was the most recommended on TripAdvisor, but mysteriously he seems to have vanished from the internet! I

Theresa, I've read lots of great things about Caveman, too. Thank you! I've tried emailing Carlos, also, with no success. Maybe we'll try a day with each. :-)

Edited: 07 April 2017, 21:20
Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4. Re: Carlos Tours still going?

He's still going and as busy as always. Was just out with him today for the second time this week!!

Rosedale, Canada
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Carlos Tours still going?

Does Carlos's catamaran have easy access steps into the water ? Is his the only Cat on Caye Caulker ?

Hubby and I were on Ambergris a couple of years ago and took a Cat (Seaduced) out to Hol Chan with a stop at Caye Caulker. We had a fabulous day , the snorkeling was great and we really liked what we saw of CC and are thinking of staying there later this year. We are a senior couple, both still decent swimmers but I myself have some arthritic issues and I have problems getting into and out of small watercraft at sea. Many of the Cats tend to have a stairway or a ladder with a slope, not dead vertical like the small panga type boats so I manage well on those.

Many thanks!

Dallas
Level Contributor
186 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: Carlos Tours still going?

Carlos' cat does have steps off the back with a ladder. Ease can depend on how calm the water is. Be sure to remove your fins before climbing the ladder. His crew was at the ready to help anyone who needed assistance. As far as I am aware, his is the only cat with day trips directly off Caye Caulker. I could be wrong, however.

Fargo, North Dakota
Level Contributor
15 posts
48 reviews
7. Re: Carlos Tours still going?

We used Raggamuffin Tours for a day long snorkeling excursion and had a great time. Snorkeled in four locations, drank too much rum punch, enjoyed a great sail boat ride. I wrote more details about the trip here: https:/…

We also used Mario's Tours for night snorkeling. If you haven't done it before - do not wait. It's an awesome experience! https:/…

Rosedale, Canada
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Carlos Tours still going?

livesimpletravel: Thank you, that's very helpful info !

Ashley, Indiana
3 posts
9. Re: Carlos Tours still going?

Just went with him on Saturday! Great 3 stop excursion!

Caye Caulker, Belize
Level Contributor
92 posts
31 reviews
10. Re: Carlos Tours still going?

Carlos is still doing amazing tours from Caye Caulker. I highly recommend him.

Reply to: Carlos Tours still going?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker