We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Pescador VS la perla vilas

NYC
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
El Pescador VS la perla vilas

We are considering El Pescador VS la perla vilas. which one is better? I understand that la perla is a bit further north

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Pescador VS la perla vilas

What sort of vacation are you invisioning. We go to El Pescador, but have never been to la perla. Once you get a little above the bridge, it is quiet in general. I guess it gets a little harder to get to town the further away you get.

NYC
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: El Pescador VS la perla vilas

We are a couple travelling with our 9 month old son. Something relaxing with a nice beech and a pool.

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Pescador VS la perla vilas

El Pescador is extremely quiet and peaceful. They also have an excellent babysitter whom I trust. The owner has three young girls who live and play on the property. All of her staff are great with kids. The meals are family style which is nice. I guess if you had a villa, you could cook on your own. We always enjoy meeting the other guests and hearing their fish stories. The food is always good and frequently excellent. There is a recent negative review where they called the resort manager rude. I can only assume by the review that they are referring to the owners father who also lives on the property. He has a heart of gold, but may be a bit too New York for some people. People from our part of the US are frequently seen as rude when we all mean it in good fun. Think about how we sometimes feel like people from other parts of the country are so polite that it is creepy.

EP has three pools for about 30-50 guests. Most of the guests are away fishing during the day so the pools are usually very peaceful. Lunch and drinks are available poolside. The beach is pretty to look at, but it does not drop off quickly. The resort seems to have a few guys who do nothing but rake the beach from sunup until sundown. There is a set of steps at the end of the dock for swimming. The owner's kids frequently swimm at the end of the dock. I prefer the pools anyway since I usually spend my time scuba diving and enjoy a break from the salt water.

If I was traveling with an infant, I would wnat to be at a resort such as El Pescador because it is really easy. There is always a meal ready wihout any effort, and the staff will treat you like royalty. They will meet your flight, carry your bags, and whisk you away to the resort in the resort's own boat with a cold drink in your hand. We usually arrive and lunch time and enjoy a nice shrimp salad sandwich as soon as we arrive.

Edited: 25 February 2012, 19:41
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Pescador VS la perla vilas

They are so totally different it is hard to compare. traveling with a 9 month old??? I would want something a little more "townie" or else very beachy.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,164 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Pescador VS la perla vilas

There's so much good food on Ambergris, I'd hate to limit myself to a meal plan at any single place. Even with an infant. Almost every restaurant is family friendly.

I'd look at the Palms or Belizean Reef, close to town, also very close to the nice beach at Ramon's.

Or Banyan Bay, a bit less than 1 1/2 miles from town, has nice two bedroom units, nice pool, decent beach and a restaurant on site, with several others close by.

Edited: 26 February 2012, 18:53
6. Re: El Pescador VS la perla vilas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:10
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro