We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Caribe vs. Coco beach

Effingham, Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Caribe vs. Coco beach

I am looking to go to Ambergris Caye in late November with my boyfriend. We are in our early 30s. We enjoy lively atmospheres but not the clubbing disco party type if that makes any sense. We like to just enjoy beach bars and restaurants and will be renting a golf cart for the week. I can't decide between Grand Caribe or Coco Beach. I like that Grand Caribe actually has a beach, however the property seems to be lacking some character that coco beach resort has. We'd prefer a place that caters to adults more than families, but obviously being around some families will not be bothersome. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2 replies to this topic
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,439 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Caribe vs. Coco beach

I haven’t walked by either for a year or so, but, don’t recall much real beach at either property. Maybe Grand Caribe has made some changes, and, there is beach there now.

I prefer the pools at Coco Beach. They’re both lovely, I’m guessing there will be more kids at the pool in the back of the property, since that’s where the water slide is.

I suspect the food may be better at Grand Caribe. But, I have no personal experience. With a golf cart, that isn’t much of an issue anyway, you can go where you want for food.

I’ve been in a condo at Coco Beach. It was lovely. Haven’t been any at Grand Caribe.

My personal choice would be Coco Beach, I just like the ‘feel’ of it better.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,505 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Caribe vs. Coco beach

Both cater to families, as do most accommodations in Belize. GC is a bit closer to town, has a very good restaurant on property as well as a pool rest/bar and a deli for take out. Im not sure about the restaurant at CCB, but there are other nice ones near to both hotels. Both have about the same beach and large pools.

Reply to: Grand Caribe vs. Coco beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ambergris Caye
Recent Conversations