We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are any restaurants open Christmas Day in Albany, GA?

Georgia
14 posts
Save Topic
Are any restaurants open Christmas Day in Albany, GA?

Just wondering if anyone knows of any restaurants in Albany, GA that will be open Christmas Day...preferably evening meal.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are any restaurants open Christmas Day in Albany, GA?

Go to opentable.com, plug in town and date.

Georgia
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are any restaurants open Christmas Day in Albany, GA?

I tried that...Albany not listed

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are any restaurants open Christmas Day in Albany, GA?

sorry to hear that --- check with local hotels, there is always the waffle house

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are any restaurants open Christmas Day in Albany, GA?

Hey Mike,

Your comment reminds me on when we were moving back to Georgia and we traveled down to Georgia to check out the North Georgia town we live in now. We came on Christmas day. We ate at Waffe House three times that day. It was the only place open between Indiana and Georgia.

Their chicken, scrambled eggs with cheese and raisin toast is pretty good.

Otherwise, my experience has been that most restaurants close early on Christmas Eve.

Atlanta has some 24 hour diners like the Landmark but I'd be surprised to find that Albany has the same. Even grocery stores close on Christmas day. It is the only day that I know that Wal-mart and Kroger close.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are any restaurants open Christmas Day in Albany, GA?

I feel sorry for them -- you know you are in trouble when the sixth most popular restaurant in the town you are visiting is a Zaxby's. If you are still reading shbowen -- your only alternative may be to order the Christmas meal from one of the local grocery stores -- but you will have to do that by the 24th, then you will just have to heat it up on the 25th.

6. Re: Are any restaurants open Christmas Day in Albany, GA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 20:46
Get answers to your questions about Albany