We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Boats, Rental Homes with Docks

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
14 reviews
Rental Boats, Rental Homes with Docks

Looking for info on boat rentals in the area. Ideally would like to rent a house with its own dock, but not finding a lot of choices for my dates and in my budget range. So, alternately, what locations rent boats for fishing and perhaps we can find a house rental in close walking distance to the boat rental location? Ideas and opinions welcome.

4 replies to this topic
Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,519 posts
119 reviews
1. Re: Rental Boats, Rental Homes with Docks

Journeys SGI has boat rentals 8509273259. Wefings in Apalachicola 8506708100 and Gunner in Carrabelle 8505703122 are the other options. I will add a warning: St James Bay is incredibly shallow and even experienced boaters find themselves stranded at times. It’s not unusual to find boats atop sand bars in the bay so be familiar with the tides and in general avoid boating during low tide in the bay. Work with a vacation rental agent in locating a rental with a dock- there are several in East Point ~ SGI~ and Cape San Blas. Collins 8509272900, Resort Vacation 8509272322~ SGI Vacation 8506701050. Hope you enjoy your trip to the Forgotten Coast!

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Rental Boats, Rental Homes with Docks

Thank you very much. We have boated in the Keys so we are familiar with skinny water and sticking closely to the marked channels. We ended up renting a house in Apalach, so we are all set! I see that there are several fishing piers in the area as well that look like they could be really productive.

Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,519 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: Rental Boats, Rental Homes with Docks

The old bridge at St. George Island is popular spot for fishing too. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. If you have not visited Apalachicola before I think you will really love it!

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Rental Boats, Rental Homes with Docks

Have not been there before, but it looks like my kind of place.

Reply to: Rental Boats, Rental Homes with Docks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Apalachicola