We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picking a day to drive from Anaheim to Six Flags Magic Mount

Sydney
Level Contributor
968 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Picking a day to drive from Anaheim to Six Flags Magic Mount

Hi All,

We are staying in Anaheim on Wed 11th April to Sunday 15th April. We have a choice of going to Six Flags Magic Mountain either on the Friday 13th or Saturday 14th. Which day would the traffic be easier to deal with? I want to buy the tickets in advance and a Flash Pass so am thinking it would be the Saturday?

I am also assuming that the Friday at the park will be quieter, but it means a drive back to Anaheim on a Friday afternoon. If we have a Flash Pass it might not matter if we are there on a Saturday?

Thanks.

Lozzie64

Edited: 29 February 2012, 08:57
SoCal
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picking a day to drive from Anaheim to Six Flags Magic Mount

Traffic is normally less on Saturday. I would go on Friday because there should be fewer people in the park. The park is open until 8 on Friday so if you leave after the park closes traffic should have died down. I think the number of people in the park will still matter some what even with the Flash Pass. If you get the most expensive FP it will not matter as much as if you get the cheapest one though.

Edited: 29 February 2012, 09:18
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,872 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picking a day to drive from Anaheim to Six Flags Magic Mount

The Friday obviously would be much better crowdwise, however, since some Schools will take the full week after Easter Sunday as thier Spring Break it will still likely be busy then

Sat would bring in even more people who couldnt be there during the weekdays, a Flash Pass would obviously help, but it would still likely be quite crowded.

So its really up to you which one you would want to choose, both dates would be busy imo

Hours on Friday are 10:30 till 8pm so not sure why you would be leaving early and not just staying till closing, there is plenty to keep you busy for a full day. That way you would miss the busier rush hour traffic.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Picking a day to drive from Anaheim to Six Flags Magic Mount

With a Flash Pass, it shouldn't be a big deal, but Saturdays is usually the busiest day of the week for Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Note, there are three levels of Flash Passes, and then you have two attractions, X2 and Green Lantern, that are "add-ons", $15 extra per ride, per person. But it can save you up to 2 hours of wait time... so it is up to you.....

Sydney
Level Contributor
968 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Picking a day to drive from Anaheim to Six Flags Magic Mount

Thanks for the opinions, I am leaning towards Friday and deal with the traffic!

Lozzie64

Everett WA
Level Contributor
240 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Picking a day to drive from Anaheim to Six Flags Magic Mount

MM should not be missed - they have GREAT coasters! Be sure to hit In-N-Out burger on the way home (not far from MM). Their burgers are yummy! :)

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Picking a day to drive from Anaheim to Six Flags Magic Mount

And if you love their Roller Coasters, just wait until what is coming next.... lots in the works... Here are some photos of prep work for the new and Improved from last weekend....

http://tinyurl.com/6q7grzu

Maybe I can share some more info in a few weeks......

7. Re: Picking a day to drive from Anaheim to Six Flags Magic Mount

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 02:11