We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Park Place or HoJo Plaza

New Jersey
Level Contributor
177 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best Western Park Place or HoJo Plaza

Both hotels are the roughly the same price ($134 +8 parking for BW and $150 for HoJos).

BW is across the street....but exterior doors.

Which would you pick between the two? Pros/Cons?

Not really planning on coming back during the day, but it would be nice at the end of the day to just be able to have a short walk.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
25,743 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western Park Place or HoJo Plaza

The BW Park Place Inn is a standard well rated small Motel with a small pool, but is a very well run, clean Motel and is a 5 min walk total from the middle of the Motel to the turnstiles that go into Disneyland so that make it very convenient.

The smaller motels very close to the Disneyland Main Entrance are popular to stay at as they are so convenient especially when allready walking around Disneyland all day its much nicer to have just a few minutes walk across the street when you need to pick up something you forgot, or go back for a rest ect. and you are just expecting a standard, clean well run place to stay.

Hojos is a Hotel with more amenities and exterior corridors and has free Parking and is about an 11 min Walk to the Turnstiles that go into Disneyland, has a nice pool area.

They offer some good discounts such as the Entertainment book rate (which is a non Cancelable rate) with rooms starting at only $59 a night on select dates.

www.boards.hojoanaheim.com/viewtopic.php…

I have stayed at both, but i usually stay as close as possible to the Main Entrance as for me its more important to be close, rather than nicer amenities. So its really up to you to decide what is more important to you.

Here is a Map of hotels in the Disneyland are so you can see where things are located, the Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

Edited: 15 February 2012, 06:15
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,606 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western Park Place or HoJo Plaza

I prefer the HoJo's for the larger rooms, comfy beds, nice grounds, and the fact it is a Hotel instead of a Motel.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
17,420 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western Park Place or HoJo Plaza

I would probably choose the Howard Johnson, but would request a Disneyland view room. There are several buildings and you want to make sure you don't stay in one near the freeway. They are good about honoring requests and you can get good advice from folks here about which buildings are best to stay in. It is not a full service hotel in the sense that it doesn't have a restaurant or room service. There is a good family restaurant next door, Mimi's Cafe. If you want to order to go and eat in you can do that.

Edited: 15 February 2012, 07:32
British Columbia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Western Park Place or HoJo Plaza

I haven't stayed at Hojo's, but I have stayed at BWPPI. It was great being so close to the parks. You basically walk to the lobby, cross the crosswalk, and you're in DL! It was very convenient when you wanted to run back some souvenir bags or to take my little one for a nap.

The rooms are very basic but I thought they were fairly spacious. (We had a suite) The microwave and fridge were a great plus, and although the included breakfast wasn't great, it did the trick. (I can't complain because it was free!)

Good luck with your decision! We're there in 3 weeks and can't wait!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,606 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Western Park Place or HoJo Plaza

FYI, HoJo's is right across the street from Tomorrowland, so once you get to the Pedestrian Crossing on Harbor, the walk is like going from Main Street to Tomorrowland, so not that far. I would walk the difference for the better Hotel experence. Check out the TA ratings for Hotels/Motels in Anaheim, and you will see that HoJo's is higher rated than the BWPPPI.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
17,420 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Western Park Place or HoJo Plaza

I don't want you to get the wrong impression if this is your first time. Once you cross the street, the entrance you walk through is NOT Disneyland. It is Disneyland Resort. There is some more walking to be done before you get to the Disneyland Park turnsiles, enter Disneyland Park, and walk into Main Street. After entering Disneyland Resort you pass the shuttle area, security bag check, and enter a central plaza between the two park entrances.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
25,743 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Western Park Place or HoJo Plaza

Just to add, the walking times i mentioned in Post #1, are from the Motel or Hotel to the actual turnstiles that go into either Park.

Anaheim, CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Western Park Place or HoJo Plaza

Thank you to all of you that posted nice things about our hotel! We try to make everyones stay as pleasant and memorable as possible. We accommodate requests as best we can, so if there is a specific building and floor that you prefer, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate it for you. We have recently added sound proof windows to all of our rooms that face the highway, except the top floor, so these rooms are very quiet now! We are about an 8-11 minute walk away from the main entrance of Disneyland, but there is the ART shuttle that can take you to Disneyland that picks up directly from our hotel.

Hope this helps!

-Kriss =)

Edgewood, New Mexico
Level Contributor
687 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Western Park Place or HoJo Plaza

Our kids are water monkies, so Castaway Cove at Hojo is a must. We homeschool and come during off times, so the Entertainment rate is great for us. It is an easy walk, especially in the morning when you are excited to get to Disneyland. They don't have a breakfast, but our room came with a fridge, we just stocked up on water, yogurt and breakfast bars for the mornings (we are not big breakfast eaters). Would definitely recommend Hojo!

10. Re: Best Western Park Place or HoJo Plaza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 00:39