We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Unlimited Travel

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams Unlimited Travel

Hi ... just wondering if anyone has dealt with Dreams Unlimited Travel? I have never dealt with an online travel agency before and just wanted to hear any feedback before I commit. Thanks for any help.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Unlimited Travel

I haven't heard of them. I prefer to book flights, accomodation & tickets directly with the airline, hotel etc. They all usually offer good prices for online bookings & though you may get cheaper through an online agency, I prefer cutting out the middleman.

You can somethimes get good packages through a travel agent, though with the cheap airfares available at the moment, booking direct can be better value. If you have a complicated itinerary with lots of flights, then a travel agent can be helpful.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Unlimited Travel

Dreams Unlimited is an Authorized reseller for the Walt Disney Travel Company. Don't know much about them, but haven't heard bad things about them.

You might want to check out GetAwayToday.com, another on-line WDTC reseller. This is a larger company that has some major marketing deals with Disney. I would compare the two companies offers and see which one offers the better deal.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Unlimited Travel

Here is a good description in regards to using a Travel Agent in regards to Disney packages.

http://www.mousesavers.com/travelagent.html

I normally like to do things myself, as I can get better deals by searching, but for convenience, going through a reseller makes sense.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Unlimited Travel

Thanks for your feedback Ellenwillow and Darkbeer. Can I also take this opportunity to thank Darkbeer for his consistently helpful & polite replies on the forum. I have been reading the forum almost daily over the last few months and I think that Darkbeer and the other Anaheim experts do a great job answering the wide variety of questions that we holiday planners throw at them! :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Unlimited Travel

In 2008 we went to Anaheim and Florida and used Dreams Unlimited for both stays. I looked into booking everything ourselves but Dreams Unlimited was only a few dollars more and they could book restaurants and other Disney activites for us at no additional costs. Both the Dreams Unlimited contacts we had (one for Anaheim and a seperate one for Florida) were fantastic and very quick with replies. I would definately recommend them.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Unlimited Travel

Thanks jpcl, it is great to get a recommendation. Our Australian travel agent can't even get prices yet on many of the accommodation options we are interested in.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Unlimited Travel

Heard of Dreams Unlimited, They are do have a good reputation. I would really book direct. The problem with 3rd parties like travel agents, and online places like expedia, Priceline etc... Is that they nickel and dime you to death. Plus they have fees for everything... One mentioned earlier... Get away today charges you to make payments and won't let you change if a better price comes out.

It never hurts to compare. You might be able to get better pricing and options by booking directly.

8. Re: Dreams Unlimited Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2011, 12:50