We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free wifi hotspots in Disneyland

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Free wifi hotspots in Disneyland

I head that there is free wifi "inside" the Disneyland (California) resort...is that true?

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free wifi hotspots in Disneyland

I wasn't able to get wifi in the park, but I was able to get a signal at the Grand Californian. This was in June, so maybe wifi is available now.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,632 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free wifi hotspots in Disneyland

i cant say i have heard of free wifi inside of disneyland park.

this webpage has some info on wifi near disneyland, but not inside of disneyland park.

http://www.mousesavers.com/otherwdw.html

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free wifi hotspots in Disneyland

There is no free WiFi inside the 2 Theme Parks. The Three Disney owned Hotels do offer free WiFi in their lobbies, restaurants and bars.

Level Contributor
860 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free wifi hotspots in Disneyland

oh man thats too bad :(.... heard there is an iphone app that you can download that gives you wait times but neither one of my girls have wifi :(! and I have a blackberry :(!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,987 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Free wifi hotspots in Disneyland

We use the iPhone applet - through 3G. It works. Would you be incurring roaming charges? I don't think it would be much, in terms of downloading (I'd check my meter after the first time).

It works - but it isn't always completely up to date (but very helpful).

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free wifi hotspots in Disneyland

Does that mean that if I have a 3G phone (an LG) I can get that even though I don't have internet or and iPhone? I have a subscription to MEdia Net.

Edited: 27 July 2010, 05:21
Earth
Level Contributor
330 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Free wifi hotspots in Disneyland

nope, didn't get free wifi last week at either parks.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,987 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Free wifi hotspots in Disneyland

When you buy an iPhone, you have to buy a particular data package so I don't think it works with MediaNet :-(.

I will say that the iPhone is the only phone I've ever liked - and one of the reasons we like it (my daughters and I) is those Disney apps. One daughter likes to check ride times just for fun even when we're not there. And I like the little applet that shows where all the restaurants are, what the current menu is, and gives a price range - my very frugal sister was able to choose what she wanted from the one $ range where ever we were - as she was way more interested in keeping costs down and being spontaneous, so it helped. The apps were, I believe, free (nearly certain of it). Data plan is unlimited for thirty bucks a month.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Free wifi hotspots in Disneyland

Verizon also has a Disney app called Mobile Magic which is basically the same thing.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Free wifi hotspots in Disneyland

Thanks Cookie. My phone is on a family plan and paid for between my sis and mom so they can keep tabs on me! Only kidding, they helped me out so that we can all communicate together. Then when I got my free upgrade MEdia net was available and that was only $10 a mo. so my sister signed me up so I can read news and weather while on the bus. I did find that I can check Disneyland Resort's Entertainment Schedule with it, which would be helpful for anyone with an Annual Passport and is kind of fun just to look at. I can use MEdia Net without wi-fi, so I hope Disney does more stuff with it later.

Edited: 28 July 2010, 03:47