We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers from LAX to Anaheim

Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers from LAX to Anaheim

Hi,

I am travelling to Anaheim in July and just wanted to know what i should do about transfers.

Should i pre book them here or is it easy to get a bus out the front of the airport to your hotel?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers from LAX to Anaheim

Ok, jess, in all kindness, this question has been asked so many times and quite recently,also, so I'm going to suggest that you take some time and just read this forum back maybe 10 pages. You will not only answer your question, you will find all sorts of very useful information. Chuck...

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers from LAX to Anaheim

Gee, it really depends on the size of the group arriving and what else you want to do.

In most cases, I like the Rental Car option, where you get a good deal on a car and just drive yourself. The benefits let you go explore around the resort, go shopping, go to restaurants (any of which are cheaper and/or better than in the immediate Disneyland area), plus the change to visit beaches, other Theme Parks, etc. Yes, some folks don't want to drive, or can't drive, plus there is there is the issue of some Hotels/Motels charging for parking on a daily basis. Note, you need to check, as some charge a "resort" fee regardless if you park a car or not, and others offer Free parking.

Second choice, I like the Disneyland Express Airport Bus run by GrayLine.

http://graylineanaheim.com/airport_info.shtml

Very good pricing, DIRECT route from LAX to the Disneyland Hotel, comfortable airline style seating, no need for Car Seats. (Not if you are landing at either Long Beach or John Wayne, I prefer a Taxi, as with a group of 3 or more, about the same price, and NON-Stop to your hotel/motel.

Third, if you have a large enough group, hiring a private car/limo. Benefits here are Non-Stop service, a FIXED price (but don't forget to tip) and they are available 24/7.

Next are the Shared Vans. I am not a fan of them, as they tend to drive around the airport multiple times if they can't fill up the van, can make stops along the way to the Disneyland area, including some private homes dropping off Locals coming back home. Also I am not a fan of the Bench seats, especially if they try and fill the van to capacity.

Last is the Taxi Cab. While I like the option from Long Beach and John Wayne, both about 14 miles from Disneyland, and both routes are not that bad in Rush Hour (John Wayne has Car Pool Lane access most of the way, Long Beach doesn't even go on the freeway, just city streets, plus from Long Beach, they are required to offer a Fixed rate). From LAX, the Taxi Fare can be from just under $100, to over $120 depending on traffic, as in California, there is something called "Wait Time", when the meter adds a fee if the Taxi isn't moving, or moving very slowly during the trip.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Hotel
3,096 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Long Beach
Long Beach
California
California
California
United States
3. Re: Transfers from LAX to Anaheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2010, 09:50