We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green hotels in Anaheim?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Green hotels in Anaheim?

Thanks to all of you for your helpful advice. We're traveling to Anaheim next month and will rent a car and visit Disneyland/CA for a couple of days. I'd love to find a 'green' hotel for our home base, as we're trying to be more thoughtful about our environmental impact. However, after searching some of the green hotel sites I'm not coming up with anything in Anaheim.

Courtyard by Marriott lists 'on-site cans/bottles recycling program' as their Environmental Initiative Statement -- am I the only one who finds that a little underwhelming? If you know any properties that are trying to be greener, I'd welcome your thoughts!

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Disneyland Park
Disneyland Park
24,954 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Green hotels in Anaheim?

There have been very few new hotels/motels built in the area.

And while all most of them will recycle and watch energy use, I know of no true Green Hotels in the Anaheim/Garden Grove area.

The Hyatt at Harbor and Chapman does have a "Green" rating.

…beachcalifornia.com/1066_hotel-info_h288.ht…

>>The Hyatt Regency Orange County is a select Green Hotel recognized by the Anaheim Orange County Visitor and Convention Bureau for their green practices. This hotel has a number of energy and water conservation measures in place. They also have active recycling programs to handle paper, cardboard and fluorescent lights, as well as donation programs for food and hotel furnishings.<<

But to be honest, that is very similar to most other properties, as all are pushed to recycle, watch water and energy use. etc.

Mentioned in this post
The Anaheim Hotel
The Anaheim Hotel
165 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Garden Grove
Garden Grove
Orange County, CA
Hyatt Regency Orange County
Hyatt Regency Orange...
3,906 Reviews
Garden Grove, CA
Orange County
Orange County
California
Orlando
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Green hotels in Anaheim?

Try this link:

rezhub.com/GreenTravel/…green_hotel_listing

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Green hotels in Anaheim?

Thanks to you both for this information. Anaheim may not be the greenest place to travel but I'm going to try my darndest! Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
22,153 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Green hotels in Anaheim?

Check this link. istaygreen.org/cityus.cfm/city/Anaheim/st/CA

5. Re: Green hotels in Anaheim?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2010, 09:48