We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

California Adventure and DisneyLand in the same day

New York
Level Contributor
382 posts
51 reviews
California Adventure and DisneyLand in the same day

I've read a few reviews on this, but I wanted to come here to get the best advice - Can DCA and DL be done in the same day? In Anaheim for business and want to devote a solid day to the parks - not sure if I can do two days - thanks!

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,545 posts
2 reviews
11. Re: California Adventure and DisneyLand in the same day

>>>>we are scheduling it around his work though, so that's why my scheduling is a bit tight <<<<

Would it be possible for you to get over to the parks for a while after his business meetings on some days or are both his days and evenings full? It doesn't take long to get into the parks from an Anaheim Resort hotel, especially one that is within walking distance. With the extended hours it makes it easy to go in and see fireworks or do rides and that could make that one full day a litle more enjoyable. Of course, it is an extra investment in the cost of tickets.

New York
Level Contributor
382 posts
51 reviews
12. Re: California Adventure and DisneyLand in the same day

I'm not sure what his set up is yet - I'm waiting for his itinerary. I'm hoping maybe we can squeeze in an afternoon as you had mentioned Redlands...do you know if there are any discounts on the tickets for entering the park in the afternoon? We are trying not to go too overboard as this trip just kind of "came up". Thanks!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
13. Re: California Adventure and DisneyLand in the same day

First off, Disneyland pricing is designed that the more days you go, the cheaper it is. In fact, buying in advance is the best option.

www.Disneyland.com/tickets

Now, Disney does not normally sell "afternoon" tickets, but you MIGHT be able to get them through the Convention you are attending, check with information provided by the group. But to be honest, a full day ParkHopper and a half day ticket will be about the same as a 2 day Parkhopper, and if you are coming sometime soon, the 3 day ParkHopper is really cheap right now, but has to be used by mid-April.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,545 posts
2 reviews
14. Re: California Adventure and DisneyLand in the same day

Another thought, if you're up for it, is Knott's Berry Farm in nearby Buena Park may have a ticket special for after 4 or 5 - although I think that is usually just in the summer because on most weekdays they close in the early evening. I'm not sure if they would stay open later during spring break season. In any case, they are usually cheaper than Disneyland so if you want to explore the Knott's theme park when he is occupied that might be fun.

Another option for Knott's that I think may still be available is the deal where you can pay to only ride the wooden coaster Ghostrider. It was five dollars a person with no admission into the rest of the park. I believe there still is the option of a "shopper's pass" there - put down a check deposit for full admission at the information desk and you get 45 min. in the park for free. Supposedly to shop, but not necessarily. : ) The only thing is you must return no later than that 45 min. to receive your deposit back. I'm hoping to do this soon and I think I will return within 40 min. just to be sure. I think Knott's should not be really busy on a weekday when you are here.

You can get to the Knott's Resort by taking the Metro 460 bus from the Disneyland shuttle area near the main entrance. It will go right to the corner of where Knott's Resort begins (La Palma and Beach) in less than a half an hour. And if you are looking for something to do when he is occupied and don't want to go into their theme park, you could head over there just to look around the shops and have lunch in their free area (the Market Place). Of course, there is also Downtown Disney.

New York
Level Contributor
382 posts
51 reviews
15. Re: California Adventure and DisneyLand in the same day

My tripadvisor friends, I talked my husband into doing a separate trip in the fall so as not to interfere with his work. We priced it out and did some math and I'm not willing to sacrifice not seeing everything in its entirety - coming from the East coast, 3-4 days on the west coast just doesn't seem like enough time and not worth the money. There's so much we want to see!

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,545 posts
2 reviews
16. Re: California Adventure and DisneyLand in the same day

Sounds good! Fall is a nice time to go. Make sure to go after the start of Halloween Time at the end of Septembe!

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
17. Re: California Adventure and DisneyLand in the same day

Yay! Then it's a real vacation! Disney does offer the best dealson packages. Do you know what month?

New York
Level Contributor
382 posts
51 reviews
18. Re: California Adventure and DisneyLand in the same day

We are thinking Sept./Oct. I'm just hoping that the flight rates go down a little. I keep checking and it's around high $300s currently from NY.

19. Re: California Adventure and DisneyLand in the same day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2010, 09:48