We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disneyland or gc

tecumseh, canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
disneyland or gc

40 something...theme park junky...i will be at a conference and get about 6 hours to take in a park....i like the bigger rides, coasters, not so much the simulators...and i have been to wdw several times....which park do you recommend....thanks!

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,257 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: disneyland or gc

Magic Mountain in Valencia, just north of LA

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: disneyland or gc

Not sure what "Gc" is, but if you LOVE Roller Coasters....

Six Flags Magic Mountain is the BEST option in the SoCal area...

http://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/

The second choice, which is fairly close to Anaheim is Knott's Berry Farm.

http://www.knotts.com

If you are stuck choosing a "Disney" location, I think Disneyland is better, yes, DCA has California Screamin', a very nice launch coaster, but Disneyland has the Matterhorn, the FIRST Steel tubed Roller Coaster, Space Mountain (much different than WDW), and a few others (Big Thunder is one, it is similar, but in "reverse" of WDW)

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,736 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: disneyland or gc

With just six hours, and taking into consideration what you have said, you should go to Knottt's. Magic Mountain is further away and if the only day you have available is a weekday and it is off season, that park will be closed. If you will not have a car you can take the Metro 460 bus to Knott's within a half an hour.

What time of day are you available? If it is in the evening, check the operating times of Knott's, Disneyland, and DCA. If you can't go to Knott's because of the hours, choose Disneyland for the reasons Darkbeer mentioned and because Disneyland should be open later than DCA.

If you have a couple of hours on another day, you might want to get over to Knott's and just ride the Ghostrider Wooden Coaster, which you can do for a small charge without paying full park admission. I'm saying a couple of hours just in case you don't have a car to get around. If you do, it will take you a little less time and you can park in the lot on Grand next to TGIFridays for no charge under 3 hours.

Of course, if you are getting a ticket as part of your conference, go to Disneyland.

Edited: 25 January 2010, 11:07
tecumseh, canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: disneyland or gc

Hi. Yes, sorry...I am getting a Disney ticket as part of the conference. From what I've read Disneyland sounds like the better bet for the day. Thanks all!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: disneyland or gc

So; what is "GC"? Chuck...

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,736 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: disneyland or gc

I think GC was an accidental confusion between California Adventure(DCA) and the Grand Californian Hotel (GC or GCH) No biggie.

Edited: 26 January 2010, 09:40
7. Re: disneyland or gc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2010, 12:46