We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with the best location to Disneyland for 2 adults

Melbourne
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel with the best location to Disneyland for 2 adults

My partner and I (in our late 20's, early 30's) are planning to stay three nights in Anaheim during our visit to the west coast in April. We are wanting to know which 4 or 5 star hotel has the best location to Disneyland. We are looking at approx $300 p/night. We are wanting a hotel with good fitness centre also. Thanks.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,893 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with the best location to Disneyland for 2 adults

That would be Disney's Grand Californian Hotel, which I believe is the only one in that category in the area. Rates may be higher than $300 a night, though. Take a look and see.

Three stars that are close would be Sheraton Park, Doubletree Convention Center, and Marriott (Convention Center). All are basically in the same location, Harbor or right off Harbor, just a little bit south of Katella.

Edit - just checked. The Grand Californian is an average rate of $257 right now as listed on TripAdvisor.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g29092-Anaheim_Califo…

Edited: 24 January 2010, 15:22
Melbourne
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with the best location to Disneyland for 2 adults

...Sorry that was meant to be 'up to $300 p/night.' Being that Disney's Grand Californian Hotel is part of the Disney Resort is it llkely to be over run with children? (not that we are 'anti-children')

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with the best location to Disneyland for 2 adults

I am NOT a fan of the Disney's owned Grand Californian, IMHO, it is a 3 star hotel that charges "extreme" prices just due to having "Disney" in its name.

IMHO, the highest class hotel in the area is the Hyatt at Harbor and Chapman in Garden Grove.

But, if you have a vehicle, I would drive to the park (about 30 minutes each way), and stay at the Hyatt in Huntington Beach. This is a TRUE 4 star Resort located on the Pacific Ocean, and is around $300 a night. Huntington Beach has a very nice "night life" for adults, and I think would be a perfect match to you, based on your post.

Seattle
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with the best location to Disneyland for 2 adults

I personally love the Grand Californian, although I agree that it really cannot be considered a 5 star hotel. It has a beautiful lobby, nice rooms (but not great), BUT the location just cannot be beat. If you want to be close to DL, this is definitely the spot. I feel like I am living at DL when I am there (I like to get a downtown Disney view - sit on the balcony with a glass of wine and people watch - wonderful!) Every single hotel in and near DL will be over run with children, it's just not avoidable in this area. But it won't be bad - I am not a kid person and have never had anything other than a good experience at this hotel. Plus they have a lovely pool area and during the summer (not sure about April) they do cocktail pool service -yippie!

I would not recommend the Hyatt in Garden Grove - they are undergoing a serious renovation right now and it is just not pleasant there.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,893 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with the best location to Disneyland for 2 adults

It's very hard for me to picture the Grand Californian over run with children. I don't think there is a way for a building such as that to be over run with people, children or adults. It's spacious with not only a lobby on the ground floor, but one above. Running up and down the stairs could not happen because of the way they are made, so I suppose that would slow the kiddies down and discourage bad behavior. I can't say whether anyone misbehaves in the hallways as I've only been in the lobbies, lounge, and Storyteller's Cafe. It strikes me as the kind of buidling that has the sort feeling of class and dignity which would encourage its guests to behave accordingly and to have their children behave accordingly. The only thing that would discourage me personally from staying there (other than the rate which would not work for me), would be the style of furnishings since I don't care as much for the craftsman style as for a more contemporary style. But, then again I haven't been in one of the rooms or stayed there, so I could be wrong about how I might feel.

I believe you can pay more and get special services through concierge. I would consider that 5 star service. Anyway, I sure wish someone would take ME there someday!

Edited: 25 January 2010, 07:47
6. Re: Hotel with the best location to Disneyland for 2 adults

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2010, 11:48