We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 full days - to see one or both Disney Parks?

Seattle
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
2 full days - to see one or both Disney Parks?

We are taking our 5 year old daughter to Disneyland in April and are so excited! We are staying Sun - Weds...so it's a quick trip. Should we split Disneyland and California adventure those 2 days or just do Disneyland both days? I really don't know much about Disney California so any advice would be great!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 full days - to see one or both Disney Parks?

IMHO, Disneyland by itself is a two day park, and I would focus most of my time there, and get to see everything you want.

Since all 2 day tickets are ParkHoppers, you can go check out DCA, it has a few nice attractions, but much of the park is under construction, as Disney is spending over $1 Billion to make over the park, which has be a failure in its first version. (Some folks would say under-performed).

If you visit DCA, Soarin' is the big attraction, but now Florida has the exact same ride (which is an IMAX movie which you watch on movable seats, simulating Hang Gliding), so if you have seen it, or go to WDW one a regular basis, you can skip it. The big Roller Coaster, California Screamin' is another great ride, nice and smooth. If you like plays, there is the Aladdin Musical that usually performs Thursday thru Sundays.

For "regulars" one trick is to start the day at Disneyland, and then when Disneyland gets too busy, walk over to DCA (which is very close, unlike how WDW is set up) in the middle of the day, and then back to Disneyland for the evening.

So I would focus on JUST Disneyland on day 1, and then on Day 2, see what is left on your "Disneyland" lists, and if you think you will have some extra time, check out DCA.

Freeport, New York
Destination Expert
for Long Island
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 full days - to see one or both Disney Parks?

The other thing you might want to conside is lunch with the princesses. It is in DCA at Ariel's Grotto. For many 5 year old girls, it could be the highlight of their life. :)

Seattle
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 full days - to see one or both Disney Parks?

Thank you so much. I didn't realize there was an 'Arie's grotto' - my daughter would love that - highlight of her life for sure! I really appreciate your advice :)

4. Re: 2 full days - to see one or both Disney Parks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2010, 09:46