We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Disneyland busy at Easter?

2 posts
Is Disneyland busy at Easter?

We can't decide when to go .Our choices are march 8 for 7 nights or April 14 for 7 nights.This is spring break time for us in b.c during march dates. Whens the least crowded? Thanks for the help.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Is Disneyland busy at Easter?

Most of the school are out April 10th - 14th this year. Colleges are a different story and are normally out in March.

I would avoid Disney at all possible cost the week after Easter (10th - 14th) as it will be crazy (went one year at Spring Break and will never repeat that). After April 14th will probably be the least crowded as everyone will be back in school.

California
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Is Disneyland busy at Easter?

Easter is April 16 and my daughter is out the week after Easter at an OC public school. I would definitely do March over April.

Redding
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Is Disneyland busy at Easter?

We went to Disneyland Easter week 2004 and we will NEVER do that again. Even a Disney fanatic like myself cannot handle those kind of crowds. But if this is your only option you will have a great time no matter what. Let me know and I can help you through the crowds. Disneyland is the best place on the planet!

Level Contributor
39,309 posts
1,019 reviews
4. Re: Is Disneyland busy at Easter?

My son and his wife were at Disneyland on Easter day last year and said, "never again!" It was the only time they could fit it in with their work schedules and said the crowds were horrid.

We will be there next month, a few days before Thanksgiving, so we'll so how that goes. Hope you have a great time and please report back with us after your trip! :)

California
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Is Disneyland busy at Easter?

Is there a FAQ to the question "Will Disneyland be busy at Easter/Christmas/Thankgsgivng/New Year's/Fourth of July?"

YES, YES, YES, YES, very, very YES. :-)

ontario
Level Contributor
71 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: Is Disneyland busy at Easter?

Not from the States, so schools get out for 1 week after Easter? That would be April 16th (Sunday being Easter day) and return to school on the 24th? Is that right? Thanks.

California
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Is Disneyland busy at Easter?

Some schools get out the week before, some the week after and some no longer tie their Spring Break to Easter at all.

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
43 reviews
8. Re: Is Disneyland busy at Easter?

Los Angeles County Unified

SPRING BREAK is APRIL 10-14th

Conejo Unified School District &

Ventura Unified

SPRING BREAK is APRIL 10-14th

Irvine Unified School District

SPRING BREAK is APRIL 16-21st

Orange Unified

SPRING BREAK is APRIL 3rd-7th

All in all - the week before and the week after Easter will be bad. We went once and NEVER again (and it wasn't even our spring break, but other districts were out). On a side note, we hit Legoland last year on our SPring Break, luckily it was not our first trip there or we would have NEVER returned...

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
212 posts
9. Re: Is Disneyland busy at Easter?

Just to add my 2 cents...I whole heartedly agree with all the other posters. We went one spring break and NEVER EVER AGAIN will we do that! It was a sea of people everywhere and the lines were ridiculously long. You'd be better off in March.