We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to find a legal rental

Herefordshire...
1 post
How to find a legal rental

I understand that a lot of short term rental properties do not have a licence: how can I find out if properties advertised are legal or are there any reliable websites/agencies? I have spent a long time searching with no luck.

Many thanks

8 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
143 reviews
1. Re: How to find a legal rental

Anaheim is phasing our all rentals. You’re better off with a residence inn type set up. Let us know your budget, number of people and dates and we’ll try to help you out.

Herefordshire...
Level Contributor
60 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: How to find a legal rental

Thanks: will do when I have confirmed dates. It's 4 people and for a few days in late July.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,722 posts
94 reviews
3. Re: How to find a legal rental

You don't need actual specific dates, just the month of July is fine, unless your not even sure of the month?

If you have the month set, give us that budget per night without taxes, and, how many beds you need, etc so we can give you the best suggestions.

Keep in mind very likely the new Star Wars Land will be opening in June of next year, so along with heavy Summertime crowds, you can add more.

Keep in mind, only 1 trip advisor account is allowed, if you have multiple accounts, contact TA to have them merged.

Herefordshire...
Level Contributor
60 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: How to find a legal rental

Yes, didn't intend to set up a second one: it happened when I tried to log on from a different computer.

Herefordshire...
Level Contributor
60 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: How to find a legal rental

Definitely later in July. One double bed and 2 single beds, ideally although we can manage with 2 doubles. I would hope not to spend more than 200 dollars per night if we can get somewhere decent for that. Really would like access to a pool and also air conditioning. Thanks for your help: very much appreciated.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,722 posts
94 reviews
6. Re: How to find a legal rental

Keep in mind, "double beds" here in the U.S. would not fit 2 adults comfortably. They are smaller. Queen beds would fit 2 adults. You wont find Hotels with smaller "single" beds such as twin beds that would just fit 1 person. All Hotels and Motels would have air-conditioning, and the vast majority would have a pool.

So are you looking for a nicer Hotel? Or standard Motel? Do you want something with a kitchen? For newer nicer Hotels your looking more at about $250 a night possible that time of year. How close do you want to be to Disneyland? There are many places in close walking distance.

For Hotels.. you could look at something like Hotel Indigo... which is about a 13 min walk to the turnstiles at Disneyland and has an Art shuttle service stop nearby. The Art Shuttle goes from Disneyland to alot of area Hotels multiple times per day for a fee per person.

Howard Johnsons... an older but well rated Hotel should be in that price range. Its about an 11 min walk with Art shuttle stop.

Otherwise, standard Motels like the Anaheim Desert Inn... about a 7 min walk. You could get a parlor suite with 2 queen in one room and a pull out Sofa in a separate room for $149 a night without taxes. They would just be basic accommodations and have a pool, but a small one.

See what you think of those options.... Alot of other places have started to jack up pricing for the Summer that the new Star Wars Land is opening, so some I would normally mention, are around $350 a night. I would suggest as soon as you know your dates, you make a cancelable reservation. That way you can keep looking around, but will have something at a set pricing, and you can alter the reservation easily if needed.

United States
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
143 reviews
7. Re: How to find a legal rental

Homewood suites is one of the few that has single beds. They have a king eith bunk bed suite. It will be around $350 I assume. They go down if you stay 7 nights or more. Breakfast and mon-thurs dinner are included.

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,603 posts
435 reviews
8. Re: How to find a legal rental

>>>Yes, didn't intend to set up a second one: it happened when I tried to log on from a different computer.<<<

Not your fault, TA is a mess right now with the way logins happen.

As to where to stay, look at the Candy Cane Inn, Anaheim Desert Inn, and Residence Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove.

Reply to: How to find a legal rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted