We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The new (to me) MaxPass

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
192 reviews
The new (to me) MaxPass

This came in after our last trip. We shared the PhotoPass last time.

This is what I can figure out- it costs $10 a day for the MaxPass. This will let you get FastPass on your phone, plus it gets you PhotoPass as well. Anyone welcome to correct me if I'm wrong already!

Could we 'share' it again like we did with PhotoPass last time? I'm looking at it from the PhotoPass side more than the FP. I realise if we had just one MaxPass between us, that we'd only be able to get the FP for one of us. That may still work as there are probably rides I would do by myself, so one FP would be okay, or I'd use the Single Rider line, and if we can get Meet and Greet photos individually with the MaxPass, we could just get one.

I realise this is 'cheating' a bit, but as we could do it last time, perhaps it's still the same. Or has this partly been done to stop using PhotoPass like that?

Thanks to anyone who can help me understand it!

11 replies to this topic
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,890 posts
441 reviews
1. Re: The new (to me) MaxPass

MaxPass is $10 per person. You can use it on one phone, but to get a Fast Pass each person needs MaxPass.

Can you game it, I guess.

United States
Level Contributor
2,947 posts
143 reviews
2. Re: The new (to me) MaxPass

You can get one just for PhotoPass. There are far less photographers than there used to be. :(

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
192 reviews
3. Re: The new (to me) MaxPass

I really like the ride photos, though I probably got enough last time! But less photographers for the Meet and Greets- that's a bit sad.

I think we'd just get PhotoPass. I kinda like the idea of walking to get FPs instead of just standing around!

Scottca075, what do you mean by 'can you game it, I guess' ?

United States
Level Contributor
2,947 posts
143 reviews
4. Re: The new (to me) MaxPass

Most people do the $10 per day. It’s cheaper for the same thing.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
920 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: The new (to me) MaxPass

I’m pretty sure if you are signed in to the same account on multiple phones you will be OK each getting individual photo pass photos. You will only be able to get one fast pass at a time though as they are allocated per ticket loaded.

Maxpass is awesome though - money well spent. We used it on the second day of our two day visit last year and was amazed how much more we got done than on the first day. It’s better than paper FP as the return times were always sooner than showing on the app, and you could book your next one as soon as you had scanned in to the FP line for the current attraction.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
217 posts
6. Re: The new (to me) MaxPass

With the value of the $A we found it was just going to be too expensive for everyone in our family to each get maxpass over the 5 days that we we went last year. Instead we picked just 1 day to get 1 maxpass and took all our photopass photos that day (and ride photos). There really didn't seem to be as many photographers around last time we were there.

We found paper fastpasses still to be fine, especially if you line them up and be prepared to get the next ones as soon as you can, and know the system- which from past posts it seems that you do.

Have fun planning your trip!

Edited: 14 October 2018, 10:34
Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
192 reviews
7. Re: The new (to me) MaxPass

So, you just had one MaxPass, and everyone in your party used it for the photos? Just getting it for one day makes sense, too.

Thanks for the hint!

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,740 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: The new (to me) MaxPass

Centralvic,

I seem to remember you have posted that your next visit is a long way off. Maybe a year or so? I have forgotten. The fee for Max Pass could go up in that time.

All Fast Passes except the shoe FP (Fantasmic and World of Color) are digital now. There no longer are paper Fast Passes. The regular Fast Pass that you go to get at a FP machine are now stored onto you park admission ticket. When it's time to enter your FP line, you scan your park admission ticket. The only paper ticket you receive is a reminder of your FP return time.

If you have or will have the Disneyland Resort App on your phones and purchase your ticket on the app or link it there your ticket and the app work together. That means that you will be able to get reminders when it's time to return to the ride and use the FP).

Edited: 14 October 2018, 11:05
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,740 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: The new (to me) MaxPass

You place the word shoe with show.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,740 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: The new (to me) MaxPass

Oh goodness, that was supposed to say replace not you place.

Reply to: The new (to me) MaxPass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted