We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Park Hopper Tickets and Must See's, Nov 2018!

4 posts
Best Park Hopper Tickets and Must See's, Nov 2018!

Hello Everyone!

We are headed to Disneyland Nov 11th through the 14th, 2018 Last time we went was back in 2011 also during the Christmas Holidays!

We are looking for advise:

1. The most inexpensive park hopper tickets with max passes? We will be doing 2 days, the best we have right now is $267 per person including max passes.

2. Heading down w/my sisters and all of our children ages: 1 boy age 2, and then rest are girls ages: 4, 5, 6, 12, 13. What are the must see attractions?

3. First time we stayed at the Disneyland Resort, this time we will be staying at the #1 Good Neighbor - Homewood Inn Suites. Best time to get the most inexpensive hotel price? We are currently holding the reservations on a Suite and a Studio, w/the hopes that they have adjoining rooms.

4. Any other advice is most welcome! Thank you all in advance!

5 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,723 posts
94 reviews
1. Re: Best Park Hopper Tickets and Must See's, Nov 2018!

Let us know a little more info so we can make the best suggestions.

First can you let us know how many days of a Parkhopper your looking for? 3 days or 4 days? And where your coming from as there are specific discounts for some.

Max Pass can only be purchased from Disneyland or is an add on. I don't know that you would need Max Pass for smaller children that won't be going on most attractions with Fastpasses. And it's an add on if you purchase tickets elsewhere.

Homewood Suites.. If you are talking about the new one, you could walk to the Toy Story Parking lot and pick up the free shuttle going to and from Disneyland, or take paid shuttle service.

While the Homewood Suites is nice, ita not the most convenient option with a lot of children along where you may spend some time going back and forth from Hotel to Disneyland. Adjoining rooms are never guaranteed or likely available since your visiting at a busier time.

Just so your aware, you have other options such as Hyatt House or the new Springhill Suites which offer larger suites and are about a 13 mim walk to Disneyland. And you have many standard Motels with large suites such as the Camelot Inn, or Anaheim Desert Inn...that are about a 7 min walk so you could come and go much easier. Also close walking distance to restaurants. So it depends on what your looking for.

How many total in your group then?

You have a wide variety of ages visiting. I would suggest you look through the Disneyland.com website for attractions to see what your group can do Heightwise.

Edited: 12 October 2018, 06:00
4 posts
2. Re: Best Park Hopper Tickets and Must See's, Nov 2018!

Thank you for your response.

To answer your questions:

1. 2 day Park Hopper

2. Seattle

3. Max passes - We will have two teens and 3 adults as well. The purpose of the Max Passes is to beat the lines correct? Will the 4, 5, and 6 year old not be able to take advantage of these?

4. Homewood Suites - Harbour Blvd. Shuttle to the park was in our plans.

5. 3 Adults, 2 teens and 4 children under 6.

Thank you for responding.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,723 posts
94 reviews
3. Re: Best Park Hopper Tickets and Must See's, Nov 2018!

Likely the attractions that have Fastpasses for the most part would not be ones either a 2, 4, 5 year old will want to ride or be tall enough to ride as most are more extreme rides, so Max Pass may be wasted pretty much on those ages. Here is a list of attractions that have Fastpasses. Their are only really 3 or 4 of the list that would be for younger children.

https:/…

Here is a list of attractions that are for any height you can all do together. And you can filter out to see specific heights for other attractions, etc.

https:/…

I would suggest you measure everyone with their shoes on ahead of time and take a look at the Disneyland.com website to see what your family is interested in going on and what rides the different children are tall enough for. This will help with expectations, and get some favorite attractions that the group may want to do.

I would not leave out Pirates of the Caribbean, Carsland at night for the lighting, Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones Adventure, Big Thunder Mountain, Enchanted Tiki Room, Soarin over the World. Some of these the younger children wont be able to do. Peter Pans Flight... is very popular but worth the visit and all ages should pretty much enjoy that.

Their are actually 2 Homewood Suites both on Harbor blvd. I was talking about the new one at 2010 S. Harbor blvd. Keep in mind, shuttle service is going to add alot to your cost with that many people. Its basically $5 per person per day.

Edited: 12 October 2018, 07:21
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,723 posts
94 reviews
4. Re: Best Park Hopper Tickets and Must See's, Nov 2018!

As far as tickets go, I would really suggest the 3 day Parkhopper if you can. Its going to offer the most and allow you alot more flexibility. For 2 or 3 day tickets the cheapest option is usually Last Minute Travel, especially for 3 day tickets. Here is a recent thread on the subject with all the info and current pricing.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092…

United States
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
143 reviews
5. Re: Best Park Hopper Tickets and Must See's, Nov 2018!

I love homewood suites convention center! Take advantage of their dinner if you’re there on mon-thurs nights.

No need for a Shuttle. Just walk a block to the toy story parking lot and take a free bus.

Edited: 12 October 2018, 07:42
Reply to: Best Park Hopper Tickets and Must See's, Nov 2018!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted