We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions on my plan

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Opinions on my plan

Opinions on my plan for October. I want to make sure I budget and book everything I need.

Friday - Check in and Halloween Party

Saturday - day in LA - Warner Bros tour, Hollywood, ghirardhellis, Santa Monica Pier

Sunday - DL/DCA - Fantasmic dining package at Blue Bayou

Monday - DL/DCA

Tuesday - magic morning at DL then character breakfast at Plaza Inn

Wednesday - Walk in Walt’s Footsteps tour

Thursday- check out and a few hours in the parks

I would really appreciate feedback. Is it too much, is there anything I should add?

Thanks 😊

Mentioned in this post
Hollywood
Hollywood
1,357 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Santa Monica Pier
Santa Monica Pier
15,713 Reviews
Santa Monica, CA
Fantasmic!
Fantasmic!
883 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Plaza Inn
Plaza Inn
942 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
24 replies to this topic
11. Re: Opinions on my plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 July 2018, 08:29

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Opinions on my plan

Thank you for your opinions and tips.

Bec412 - that’s a good point about doing the 12pm tour to make the most of the morning.

Lamplight Lounge looks really cool but seems kind of expensive. Also I’m worried about making too many reservations as we found it too restrictive at wdw.

I want to go to ghirardhellis/Disney soda fountain store and el capitan mostly for pins/merch/Disney. I’m not worried about chocolate as I don’t like US chocolate very much. We will have a car though so we can go to a few places.

What exactly is the farmers market? It seems like just a good market? Doesn’t really appeal to us.

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Opinions on my plan

RedlandsRedhead - yes we are both big Disney fans. We have had Disneyland Paris APs for a number of years. I’m so excited to see the original park, especially to compare the similar rides, see where Walt Disney’s vision was realised. Hopefully we will get to see some characters that we don’t have in Paris. I’m also very excited for the different shows and parades. DCA is completely different from any other park so will be fun to explore. We are both in our 20s so usually do full days at Disney from open to close with maybe a rest/pool break in the middle of the day. I think with his trip we will try to take it all in, as the atmosphere is sometimes but as good as the rides.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,246 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Opinions on my plan

I had a feeling you were interested in the place adjacent to the El Capitan. Figured I would wait for you to clarify that. (Although, I still think you should stop in See's if you have time. It's not typical American chocolate.)

Do you know about the Waltland Tour of Walt Disney related places in the Los Angeles area? It's conducted by legendary imagineer Bob Gurr. It's said that if you name anything with wheels in Disneyland Bob Gurr either built it or had a hand in building it.

The tour is only once a month, on the third Sunday of the month. One of the places it goes to is Griffith Park to see Walt's Barn. Since Walt's Barn is only open on the third Sunday of each month, the tour needs to match up. I know you have a Sunday in October, but I don't know the date. Thought I would mention it anyway, just in case.

Here is a link to the tour website.

http://www.waltland.com

Edited: 23 July 2018, 03:26
Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Griffith Park
Griffith Park
2,902 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,246 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Opinions on my plan

The Farmers Market in Los Angeles is historic and integral part of the history of Los Angeles.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
58,416 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Opinions on my plan

>>>What exactly is the farmers market? It seems like just a good market? Doesn’t really appeal to us.<<<

Farmer's Market is a site that was very important in the development of Los Angeles as a burgeoning city in the pre-WWII days. When the Gilmore family bought the land where the Farmer's Market is now the population of LA County was 33,381. By the time the family built Farmer's Market, LA County was over 2.2 million.

In the 84 years since the Farmer's Market opened LA has grown to more than 10 million and the Farmer's Market has had many influences on the psyche of LA.

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim Farmer's Market
Anaheim Farmer's Market
22 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Opinions on my plan

For that Tuesday MM, make the character breakfast later like after 10am so you don’t waste the first couple of hours sitting in a restaurant. MM’s give you that first hour plus you are already in the park so when places like Critter County, Adventureland etc open you are also ahead of the early arriving crowds so could probably do at least one of Pirates, Splash, Big Thunder Mountain etc before anyone else gets there.

All the best.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
293 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Opinions on my plan

>>Keep in mind, any dining packages for shows like Fantasmic are prepaid and not refundable.<<

You don't have to prepay for the Fantasmic! dining package.

Mentioned in this post
Fantasmic!
Fantasmic!
883 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,246 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Opinions on my plan

Can someone post the official language from Disney for what happens if a dining package is cancelled or the show is cancelled? I am confused over the conflicting posts.

Edited: 23 July 2018, 13:59
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,246 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Opinions on my plan

And whether or not you need to prepay when booking. What does the official website say? Post a link, if possible. I would like to know for the future.

Reply to: Opinions on my plan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted