We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day in San Diego

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Day in San Diego

We will be on a group tour in Anaheim late September we will have a couple of extra days and would like some advice on getting to San Diego for the day thank you

4 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
29,829 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day in San Diego

1. Rent a car and drive-The fastest, and probably leat expensive option, it also gives you a way to get around in SD and allows you to be on your own schedule.

2. Amtrak-unless you hit bad traffic driving which is a possibility but can be planned around it takes a little longer and I think is about $56 round trip per person.

California
Level Contributor
3,846 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day in San Diego

Renting a car is a good option. But what do you want to see and do in San Diego? For some places like Old Town or the Midway, there are hop on hop off buses. To see beaches and Highlands you should get a car. Suggest you research a bit on your intended sights in San Diego. Personally I would spend a good chunk of the day at the world class zoo and its Balboa Park environs, but I'm not you.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
67,279 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day in San Diego

IF you have a couple of extra days I'd spend them in San Diego and not just go for one day. We are a large city with lots to see/do depending on your interests.

The train is an easy way to get to San Diego . The last stop is in downtown where you can pick up the hop on hop off tour if you like. It has 2 routes. One goes to beaches and one goes to more of the city sights.

See here: www.trolleytours.com

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
58,834 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day in San Diego

Rent a car and drive. The train is slower and limits you.

Reply to: Day in San Diego
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted