We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How bad is the walk from Alpine in to maingate? yea or nah?

California
Level Contributor
228 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
How bad is the walk from Alpine in to maingate? yea or nah?

Hi there!

We have stayed at 3 good neighbor hotels and are returning in November. We are traveling with 3 kids, and 3 adults so we need a parlor or 2 room suite. Our almost 3 year old mostly naps in the stroller as need so walking back for naps isnt needed. We normally walk back to hotel once during the day to make dinner (I bring our crockpot) and bundle up for the evening.

We are looking at:

-Desert Inn (stayed here 2 years ago)

-Alpine Inn

-Castle Inn

I know Alpine is the furthest away but we are getting a great price for it so I'm trying to decide if the walk would be annoying. Last March we stayed at Peacock and took the ART but decided to walk it once. That walk sucked! It took us about 20 minutes but I'm sure we didn't take the fastest route.

So what do you think? Is the walk from Alpine bad for just once a day?

29 replies to this topic
Laguna Beach, CA
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How bad is the walk from Alpine in to maingate? yea or nah?

You are getting a great price because it is the least convenient.

Pay more and stay as close as possible.

Level Contributor
6,403 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How bad is the walk from Alpine in to maingate? yea or nah?

Great motel for the price. It's a shorter walk than Peacock Suites, Alpine in is basically just around the corner (behind) Candy Cane Inn if you know where that one is.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How bad is the walk from Alpine in to maingate? yea or nah?

Before you book Alpine Inn, call or email to make sure there will be no construction going on next door. Alamo Car Rental is next door and is listed as one of the businesses that closed in late June to make way for the new Disney owned Hotel. The others are all in Downtown Disney.

There is a second expected Disney project somewhere near there, creating walkways and landscaping around Paradise Pier Hotel in an effort to make it more accessible to and from Downtown Disney.

Edited: 18 July 2018, 01:19
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
58,871 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How bad is the walk from Alpine in to maingate? yea or nah?

>>>Before you book Alpine Inn, call or email to make sure there will be no construction going on next door. Alamo Car Rental is next door and is listed as one of the businesses that closed in late June to make way for the new Disney owned Hotel.<<<

I think you are confusing Alamo Car Rentals. The Alamo in Downtown Disney closed, the Alamo next door to the Alpine Inn in no way would be effected by construction.

The Anaheim Desert Inn would be the easiest one to access for breaks during the day.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,459 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How bad is the walk from Alpine in to maingate? yea or nah?

I have stayed at the Alpine Inn... its a longer walk of about 13 min to the turnstiles. After staying closer, I was not happy with the walk. Its a very small family run Motel. Rooms are tiny, we had their 2 room suite, its really small. And dont expect any view at all except a wall. Very basic take away type of snack breakfast. Comfy Hotel type beds. So it depends on what your looking for in a place to stay. It also has Art Shuttle service available at the Desert Palms next door. Nothing wrong with the Alpine Inn... its well run and fine to stay at, very clean, but it does have its drawbacks.

If you want something similar in pricing and the same walk, you can also look at the Anaheim Islander.. a standard Motel about a 13 min walk with Art shuttle service and is going to have larger room types.

Castle Inn.. just a basic Motel about a 12 min walk since rooms are farther back in the property, nothing special about it to make it better than the others.

BTW, Peacock Suites.. is about a 20 min walk for most people, its not that close.

I would just stay at the Anaheim Desert Inn...

California
Level Contributor
228 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How bad is the walk from Alpine in to maingate? yea or nah?

Thanks for the replies!

For our stay, the Alpine is about $90 less than Desert. We were perfectly happy with Desert inn at our 1st trip, but I am kind of interested in trying something else. I'm curious to try Alpine based on reviews and savings. Anyone know if it has a spa/jacuzzi? I didn't see one in the pics so I assume not.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,459 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How bad is the walk from Alpine in to maingate? yea or nah?

I dont remember seeing Jacuzzi, just a tiny pool in the middle of the Parking lot. If you look at photos on TA of the Motel, no Jacuzzi.

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
58,871 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How bad is the walk from Alpine in to maingate? yea or nah?

The Alpine Inn is great. It is a wonderful little hotel, but I wouldn't stay there if I needed to do breaks during the day.

California
Level Contributor
228 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How bad is the walk from Alpine in to maingate? yea or nah?

We decided to stay an extra night and these are the rates I"m getting

-Alpine 3 queen suite $708

-Desert Inn parlor suite $860

-castle inn parlor suite $930

-Camelot Suite $1000

Can't decide what is most important- bigger room, closer walk, best breakfast, saving the extra money of $160+

Legit, I have even created a powerpoint with all the pics and prices and walking times to present to husband and kids. Husband is just as torn as I am. I've always wanted to try alpine, especially since we are going for a "christmas trip" What to do?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,459 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How bad is the walk from Alpine in to maingate? yea or nah?

I didnt find it worth it to stay at the Alpine Inn... its an ok place to stay, but double the walk is just too hard when you are used to such a short walk, its hard. But up to what you may want to do.

Reply to: How bad is the walk from Alpine in to maingate? yea or nah?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted