We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Inn, Camelot Inn, Tropicana Inn or Candy Cane Inn?

Edgewood, New Mexico
Level Contributor
844 posts
41 reviews
Which Inn, Camelot Inn, Tropicana Inn or Candy Cane Inn?

Looking to visit in early May. Camelot Inn is the lowest, followed by Tropicana Inn (another $100) then the Candy Cane Inn (another $100), so a $200 spread between the three. Have stayed at the Tropicana Inn with no problems and like the closeness to the parks. Heard good things about the Camelot Inn and great things about the Candy Cane Inn. Is the Camelot Inn as nice or better than the Tropicana Inn? Or is the Tropicana Inn nicer than the Camelot Inn for the extra hundred? Or is the Candy Cane Inn nicer than both properties for the extra two hundred? Looking at the Candy Cane Inn, they do have nice grounds, a continental breakfast and do not charge for parking (we should have a car with us). So that pretty well makes up for the rate difference (sounds like I'm trying to talk myself into a decision). Which room at CCI, standard, deluxe or premium? How far is the walk from the Candy Cane Inn to the turnstiles? How far is it from the CCI to Pizza Press? Really loved this place when it was at the Tropicana Inn.

As always, thanks for you help!

Edited: 27 January 2018, 00:30
16 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,723 posts
94 reviews
1. Re: Which Inn, Camelot Inn, Tropicana Inn or Candy Cane Inn?

Yes, Imo, Camelot Inn... is nicer than the Tropicana. Its a little quieter as it has nice wide outdoor corridors that are part of the building. I think the Camelot is also a little better run. Views from the North side of the property are also very good in the upper floors for Fireworks.Thats what I would choose of the ones you mention, but it sounds like you are wanting to try the Candy Cane Inn.. nothing wrong with that, its another standard Motel.

Were you also aware of the $100 discount for 5 nights or more? Its listed on the Camelot and Tropicana website ( they are basically sister properties).

camelotinn-anaheim.com/ema_offers/100-saving…

Candy Cane Inn... is about a 10 min walk with their own free Shuttle to and from Disneyland. For reference, Tropicana... about a 6 min walk and Camelot Inn... about a 7 min walk.

Pizza Press is now located basically about a 5 min walk from the Candy Cane since its across the street, you will have to cross somewhere which takes more time. Its about a 7 min walk to the Pizza Press from the other two Motels mentioned.

Seattle
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Which Inn, Camelot Inn, Tropicana Inn or Candy Cane Inn?

I like all 3 of these choices and think they are fine. My preference (and my last, most recent DLR stay) was at the Candy Cane Inn. It is a basic motel, however the pool and the grounds are nicely landscaped, so it feels a little bit cozier to me than the others. The pool at the Tropicana is in the center of the parking lot and you really notice that, whereas even though the CCI pool is also in the parking lot, you don't even notice since there are trees and landscaping around. The CCI shuttle is really convenient even though the walk is short I used it a few times. I don't eat breakfast so I can't comment on that, and I usually don't have a car! I have only had the base rooms at CCI and they are fine - I think the premium rooms may be a bit larger, but I'm not sure what the perks there would be for an additional cost.

Edited: 27 January 2018, 01:28
Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Which Inn, Camelot Inn, Tropicana Inn or Candy Cane Inn?

From my experience with only the Camelot Inn and the Tropicana the Camelot Inn is a much better property in room amenities, size and management as Happytotrip mentioned..

Candy Cane I have no experience with but obviously they get good reviews.

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,559 posts
435 reviews
4. Re: Which Inn, Camelot Inn, Tropicana Inn or Candy Cane Inn?

Camelot is the easy answer I think.

It is a nice property and very close. I like the Candy Cane Inn, but if Camelot is that much cheaper and it is so much closer..... well, the answer is just easy.

I don't stay at the older hotels anymore, I am okay with the longer walk for the newer properties, but the three are all nicely maintained properties.

Level Contributor
39,276 posts
1,018 reviews
5. Re: Which Inn, Camelot Inn, Tropicana Inn or Candy Cane Inn?

I would go with The Candy Cane Inn! 😎

Edgewood, New Mexico
Level Contributor
844 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Which Inn, Camelot Inn, Tropicana Inn or Candy Cane Inn?

If you figure in parking, taxes and resort fees, Tropicana was the highest by $57, followed by Candy Cane Inn and then the Camelot Inn, $38 less. So in the end, we chose a deluxe 2 queen room at the Candy Cane Inn. We have never stayed there and it looks like a nice property and gets good reviews.

We don't go till May, so I will file a trip report when we get back.

Thanks for all the help!

Seattle
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Which Inn, Camelot Inn, Tropicana Inn or Candy Cane Inn?

Thanks for letting us know what you picked. I think you’ll like the candy cane. I have stayed there a few times and always really enjoy it.

Edgewood, New Mexico
Level Contributor
844 posts
41 reviews
8. Re: Which Inn, Camelot Inn, Tropicana Inn or Candy Cane Inn?

Showed the pictures of the CCI to wife and daughter and they wanted to stay there. Have stayed at the Tropicana before, would stay there again. Have walked past the Camelot and would stay there too! We are going to DLR for 5 days and wanted a nice, quiet place to stay. The continental breakfast does not look too bad. After eating in the parks, the fresh fruit and cheese looks inviting, as does a cold glass of milk!

Edgewood, New Mexico
Level Contributor
844 posts
41 reviews
9. Re: Which Inn, Camelot Inn, Tropicana Inn or Candy Cane Inn?

Enjoyed our stay at the CCI. The staff is friendly, the breakfast is more than adequate and the grounds are spotless. The staff works tirelessly on the landscaping and maintenance. The walk is not too far and the shuttle runs on the top of the hour and half hour to the parks and picks up at quarter and three-quarter hour. The deluxe 2 queen room was big enough for a family of four (dad, mom and two teens). A lot of families stay here and it was relatively quiet, did not hear my next door or upstairs neighbors. And as expected, the cold milk in the mornings was great!

california
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Which Inn, Camelot Inn, Tropicana Inn or Candy Cane Inn?

Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the follow up

Was there ever a time you just wished you were right across the street though?

Reply to: Which Inn, Camelot Inn, Tropicana Inn or Candy Cane Inn?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted