We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest Car Rental

Queensland...
Level Contributor
54 posts
6 reviews
Closest Car Rental

Hi,

We are staying at Park Vue Inn, can you please advise closest car rental.

Also travellers from Australia did you book in Australia or wait until you arrive.

Thanks

24 replies to this topic
Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
7,088 posts
57 reviews
1. Re: Closest Car Rental

Always book car rentals in advance. I have booked at the counter only twice in my life and both times it was much more expensive then if I had booked ahead.

Learn how to use Google Maps to search for a type of business (yes, it can do that). If you run that search, there's a Dollar office down the street and farther away around the corner on Katella, there's Hertz, Avis, and Enterprise.

Level Contributor
6,855 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Closest Car Rental

your best rate will probably be via Alamo.co.uk, you can pick up at Downtown Disney.

3. Re: Closest Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 January 2018, 01:35

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
491 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Closest Car Rental

Hi

We have just come back from our USA trip. We booked with Alamo online before we flew over. Pickup is Downtown Disney, nice and close. We have had no issues with Alamo, all our cars have been great.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Closest Car Rental

Anyone rent car seats with Alamo? Only need to rent for 2 days so wondering if whether or not I should bring my car seat?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Closest Car Rental

Fitz11,

When you booked online with Alamo does that price include all the insurance that overseas visitors need? Also do USA car rentals have an excess like we do here in Australia in the event of an accident?

Sorry I'm just trying to get my head around it all as I want to book our car hire for our upcoming trip.

Thanks

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
491 posts
23 reviews
7. Re: Closest Car Rental

Hi

Like any insurance you can pay for extra add on insurance if you wish. We found it to be very good what was included, we only added on a tank of petrol as we didn't want to chase a petrol station to refill it before dropping off. Go onto the Alamo site and put in your details for dates and car and it will show you what is included and what you can add on. If still not sure just email them about it. The good thing is you don't have to pay a deposit when you book online. Booking online from Australia we didn't have to pay a one way car hire fee either. We dropped the car off in San Francisco.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,826 posts
94 reviews
8. Re: Closest Car Rental

Its usually never a good idea to pre-purchase fuel. Your going to be paying alot more for that through the car rental place. And you do need to be cautious that you are adding in all of the insurances you need for out of Country visitors which are very different than just a basic plan offered.

N Ireland
Level Contributor
181 posts
14 reviews
9. Re: Closest Car Rental

We booked beforehand using autoeurope which gave us the best price for Alamo, although the office was used for dollar and hertz, we booked a car seat and it was brand new still in wrapper.

Another website recommended on here that a friend used the same time as us, was rental cars.

N Ireland
Level Contributor
181 posts
14 reviews
10. Re: Closest Car Rental

Oh and I had originally booked on Avis own website and there were excess amounts on insurance policies whereas when I rebooked with autoeorope there was no excess charges.

There is a petrol station a block away from katella office if you want to just leave car back filled up

Reply to: Closest Car Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Anaheim