We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fortune Garden-Not that great

Alabama
Level Contributor
68 posts
131 reviews
Fortune Garden-Not that great

We were not that impressed with Fortune Garden. The buffet was small,not a good selection at all. The food just looked strange. What I didn't understand was there was a good many people there eating.The food did not taste good at all. We are in Athens maybe 4 or 5 times a year. We have tried 2 locations of Lawler's Barbecue,Cracker Barrel and the now closed Backyard Burgers. All of these places were good. I will not be going back to the Fortune Garden.

Athens, AL
Level Contributor
22 posts
1. Re: Fortune Garden-Not that great

I agree Fortune Garden is not a great place to eat. We also have an Applebee's, Ruby Tuesdays, and they are in the process of building a Logan's Road House. If you are looking for Asian food in Athens, try the new Asian Cuisen across from Walmart. They just opened. My family ordered food to go from there, Friday night, and it was great and fresh. They didn't fix our to-go order off their bar.

Alabama
Level Contributor
20 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Fortune Garden-Not that great

I agree Brenda.. Last time we ate at Fortune Garden the meat just didn't look right! I won't be eating there again. I have tried the new Asian cuisine express and it is better. I'm looking forward to getting some new restaurants in the area.

Alabama
Level Contributor
68 posts
131 reviews
3. Re: Fortune Garden-Not that great

Thanks temitch and 711lean for the info on the Asian

Cuisine Express. We will be in Athens in about a week. We will definately try it for lunch. Thanks

4. Re: Fortune Garden-Not that great

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 02:50
Get answers to your questions about Athens