We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DC Gray Line Tours - Buyer Beware: Cancellation Process

Spartanburg, SC
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
DC Gray Line Tours - Buyer Beware: Cancellation Process

We recently booked a DC Gray Line Tour, but then realized shortly thereafter we couldn't attend the tour. So I called to cancel the booking.

According to their site, you have until four days prior to your tour to cancel and receive your full amount refunded.

Here's the cancellation process..... (in the order the events occurred).

Called them to cancel the tour at 5pm EST. I get a young man answering the phone, he says he cannot cancel tours, and only "Linda" can cancel tours (she leaves at 3pm daily). They cannot cancel tours through their Website.

The next morning, 8am, I speak with "Linda". She tells me I should be able to go into the Website and cancel my tour there. I thank her, hang up, then go to their Website to find out first-hand, you cannot cancel their tours through the Website.

I called "Linda" again, she tells me this time, the only way they can cancel and refund the tour is by sending her an email to her business email address with the Invoice booking number for the tour and reason for cancellation. Ok great. Done.

One week later.... I called "Linda" again to find out the status of my cancellation and refund. She says she can't refund money and that's handled through the Accounting department by "Melissa", and gives me her number.

I call "Melissa". She says I need to send her an email to her business email address for Martzgroup and request the refund there with the invoice number and reason why.

This has been going on for over a week now, with no end in sight.

ONLY BOOK WITH THEM IF YOU ARE 100 PERCENT CERTAIN YOU WILL BE ATTENDING A TOUR!!!!

1. Re: DC Gray Line Tours - Buyer Beware: Cancellation Process

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 23:47