We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Long is White House Tour?

AL
8 posts
Save Topic
How Long is White House Tour?

Looks like we may have a tour of the White House in the works.

Does anyone know how long this tour is? Trying to plan all of these "timed" tours and tickets takes lots of planning! Thanks!!

Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Long is White House Tour?

All white House tours have been cancelled for the summer with the orange alert. Thought we had one too ( June 20th ) but got e-mail from my senator with this reason. I think you can still tour libary of congress,and I know u can tour engraving and imprinting ( we did ) get on list with congressman or senator. That one is about 30 min. and very cool.

unfotunatly, they don't give out samples. LOL

New Jersey
Level Contributor
222 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Long is White House Tour?

I got a fax on Tuesday (7/12) from my rep's office confirming a White House tour for 7/26. The fax was a followup to a phone call from the congressman's assistant asking me if I wanted the tour on that date.

So I'm not sure why the previous poster said the tours were cancelled.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Long is White House Tour?

As of today (7/14 - a week after the London bombings) DC is NOT under an orange alert. However, our transportation system is. I doubt this would cause WH Tour's to be cancelled. I would check with whoever arranged your tour.

Gresham OR
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How Long is White House Tour?

We went through the White House on July 2. The tour was sort of self-guided as you walk through the Green Room, look into the red room and huge dining room. It is a very nice tour and the tour reps are very funny. It took us less than an hour.