We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tickets to African American History Museum

tickets to African American History Museum

what are the chances of getting a timed ticket to the African american history museum on a Friday (assume you log on to the website at 6:30 AM)

Thanks!

Ann

6 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,958 posts
121 reviews
1. Re: tickets to African American History Museum

If you are coming in September, you don’t need a ticket on weekdays. If you are coming later in the year, the odds of getting a same-day ticket on a weekday are good. I’ve done it a couple times with no problem.

2. Re: tickets to African American History Museum

Many thanks!

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
9,235 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: tickets to African American History Museum

In a couple of days, they may (or not) do away with weekday tickets for October. What month are you going to be here?

Israel
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
586 reviews
4. Re: tickets to African American History Museum

So for a late January weekday (after the week of MLK Day), we can just “show up” and be admitted?

Edited: 26 September 2018, 01:13
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,958 posts
121 reviews
5. Re: tickets to African American History Museum

Not at this point, Buc_Haish. The museum has been testing ticketless weekdays in September, but it has not been decided if the program will continue.

I’d say there is a good chance the ticketless program will be in place next January, but that’s just my hunch. But in any event, you should have no problem getting a same day ticket on a January weekday by going online at 6:30 am. If you want to book in advance, the tickets for January will become available on Wed, Oct. 3rd.

See the museum website for details: https://nmaahc.si.edu/visit/passes

Level Contributor
196 posts
6. Re: tickets to African American History Museum

tickets for January will release on October 3rd

Reply to: tickets to African American History Museum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted