We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washington DC - 2 weeks

1 post
Washington DC - 2 weeks

hello

dear all,

i will come to Washington on 18 of October for 2 weeks , and i will stay in Arlington.

kindly can you plan my trip itinerary for 2 weeks

i will have a car but hopefully the destination will be less than 2 hours driving.

thank you in advance

Best Seller
Washington DC Monuments by Moonlight...
1,560 Reviews
from US$ 43.00*
Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley...
1,382 Reviews
from US$ 13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
338 Reviews
from US$ 150.00*
6 replies to this topic
Southern NJ
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
128 reviews
1. Re: Washington DC - 2 weeks

You don’t mention a budget or what your interests are so recommending things will be a little tough. There are things to do in DC that are free like Arlington National Cemetery, the Smithsonian museums, tours of the White House and the Capitol building that reservations are needed for beforehand, the National Zoo, the African American Museum, and about 20 other things that might have admission charges.

washington dc
Level Contributor
4,789 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Washington DC - 2 weeks

This forum is to answer specific questions, not plan your entire trip. Read some trip reports. Read some guidebooks - everything is online. Seriously - why would you plan a two week trip to a place that you know nothing about?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Washington DC - 2 weeks

On the desktop version of Trip Advisor you will find something along the lines of “top things to do in DC” that will give you quite a number of suggestions, though I might be hard pressed to fill two weeks without getting totally “touristed out” Definitely explore trips outside of the city... Williamsburg, Gettysburg, Charlottesville, Harpers Ferry, etc ... as you said you will have a car. Also, a car is NOT necessary for the days you are spending in the city.

Maryland
Level Contributor
194 posts
4. Re: Washington DC - 2 weeks

If you ask 10 people for an itinerary, you'll get 10 totally different itineraries . There are just too many variables -- your likes, dislikes and budget. But there are a couple of must-sees that (almost) everyone can agree on -- make sure to visit the Capitol building (get a tour, if possible), the Library of Congress (again, take the tour), the Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials, and Arlington Cemetery (take the hop-on-hop-off buss tour of Arlington). Walking around the memorials at night is also often on a "must-do" list.

I would strongly suggest you buy a tour book of Washington DC and read it to pick out the places and sites that are most interesting to you.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
3,297 reviews
5. Re: Washington DC - 2 weeks

Think Day Trips:

Gettysburg, PA

Antietam, MD

Harpers Ferry, WV, et al

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,632 posts
659 reviews
6. Re: Washington DC - 2 weeks

If you have 2 weeks then best to get a guidebook.

Reply to: Washington DC - 2 weeks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted