We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you use Newseum tickets only on the 2nd consecutive day?

Kota Belud, Malaysia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can you use Newseum tickets only on the 2nd consecutive day?

Awkward question. If I bought Newseum tickets for Thursday (with Friday "free"), can I use them only on Friday (i.e., not go on Thursday)?

Or do you need to "activate" them on the first day of purchase by going to the museum *and then and only then* can they be used on the second day?

Groupon has a minor discount for tickets at the moment, so we're wanting to buy them a tad early just in case it runs out. I've scoured the FAQs and the forums here: sadly, no answers, and I tried calling the Newseum, but I missed their closing hours. :(

Edited: 11 June 2018, 03:25
Mentioned in this post
Newseum
Newseum
8,089 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
3 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
21,108 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you use Newseum tickets only on the 2nd consecutive day?

They are good for two consecutive days. That would be Thursday and Friday, I would think.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you use Newseum tickets only on the 2nd consecutive day?

They are good for two consecutive days, period. they are activated the first day you go. I don't know what Groupon is selling as the museum tickets you buy online are not date encoded in any way, you can use them whenever you want. If Groupon has a ticket saying it starts a certain day, I would certainly presume you could use it the day after that, even if you didn't go th efirst day. If you aren't sure, you really aren't saving hardly anything by doing that, if you buy online from the museum itself, it's within a dollar of that cost Groupon gives you.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 20:42
Kota Belud, Malaysia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you use Newseum tickets only on the 2nd consecutive day?

Thank you for all the replies, everyone. I ended up buying the tickets starting on the second day to be sure. And you're right, Christina: just $5 savings, or roughly 4%. Not as good a deal as I thought, as the Newseum has a running 15% promotion.

But, when I go to the Newseum, I'll triple-check this question with the staff and update accordingly here for any other penny pincher who's curious.

Mentioned in this post
Newseum
Newseum
8,089 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Reply to: Can you use Newseum tickets only on the 2nd consecutive day?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted