We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free restaurants

Short Hills, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten free restaurants

We will be taking our grandson to DC for a long weekend and wonder if anyone knows of a few gluten-free restaurants there. Many restaurants I know have gluten free options, but I am wondering about any that are truly gluten-free. He is partial to Italian food and does like steak. Any tips would be appreciated. We would stay at a hotel that has breakfast included, but would also like the usual fridge etc. to keep snacks on tap for him. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know if the museum lunch spots offer gluten-free options?

Thanks so much.

goateach

Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off...
1,381 Reviews
from US$ 13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
336 Reviews
from US$ 150.00*
Special Offer
International Spy Museum
219 Reviews
from US$ 18.20*
US$ 24.26
2 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
5,699 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten free restaurants

The Little Beet, with locations at 18th & M and in Arlington is--far as I know--the only 100% gluten free establishment.

Plenty of others with GF options here. https:/…best-gluten-free-restaurants-dc

Edited: 13 April 2018, 19:05
Washington DC
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten free restaurants

There is no such thing as a gluten free Italian restaurant. If there is, it isn't authentic. Carmine's is an Italian restaurant with gluten-free options, though.

Being solely gluten free isn't a very good business model, I think that's the problem, and why there aren't hardly any. I don't really understand the desire for that, unless someone can get ill just by being in the same room as gluten products (which I doubt, as having celiac disease is not an allergy, it's an intestinal issue and you have to ingest gluten)

Reply to: Gluten free restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted