We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions About Arlington - Holiday Inn Rosslyn Area

saint louis. mo
Level Contributor
4 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Questions About Arlington - Holiday Inn Rosslyn Area

I have been searching the boards and can't find anything more recent than early 2017 about this area. Is the Rosslyn area still a nice safe place for families to stay? I have been looking for a hotel with easy Metro access under $200 a night in June and this seems to be the best option. From the maps, it seems I could take the Metro to Arlington Cemetary and the National Mall fairly easily?

Thanks for any info you can give!

Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off...
1,381 Reviews
from US$ 13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
336 Reviews
from US$ 150.00*
Special Offer
International Spy Museum
219 Reviews
from US$ 18.20*
US$ 24.26
5 replies to this topic
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions About Arlington - Holiday Inn Rosslyn Area

Yes and yes

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions About Arlington - Holiday Inn Rosslyn Area

Rosslyn has been a very nice area since, around, 1965. My parents and then we have been staying at hotels there since 1971.

washington dc
Level Contributor
4,726 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions About Arlington - Holiday Inn Rosslyn Area

The only danger in Rosslyn is being in an ugly canyon of boring high-rise office buildings. But it is close enough to DC that escape is not too difficult or expensive.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,855 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions About Arlington - Holiday Inn Rosslyn Area

I actually live in Arlington and can attest that Rosslyn is a very good choice of a place to stay when visiting D.C. It's definitely a nice, safe place for families and you'll find plenty of choices of restaurants for dining out. There's also a Safeway supermarket; a Target Express; and several drug stores for whatever food/incidentals you might need. Since Rosslyn is right across the Potomac River from D.C., you have a quick and easy trip via Metro to the sights in D.C., including those on the National Mall. And Arlington National Cemetery is just one Metro stop away from the Rosslyn Station.

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay in Rosslyn!

saint louis. mo
Level Contributor
4 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions About Arlington - Holiday Inn Rosslyn Area

Thanks for the info. It was the perfect spot to rest after a long day in DC and had great options for dinner.

Reply to: Questions About Arlington - Holiday Inn Rosslyn Area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted