We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for Mother’s Day Brunch

madison
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Best place for Mother’s Day Brunch

Looking for a place for my daughter and I to eat for Mothes Day

Best Seller
Washington DC Monuments by Moonlight...
1,560 Reviews
from US$ 43.00*
Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley...
1,382 Reviews
from US$ 13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
338 Reviews
from US$ 150.00*
6 replies to this topic
Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
9,265 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Best place for Mother’s Day Brunch

What do you like? You do realize that every restaurant is packed to the gills (as they say) on Mother's Day. Do you want expensive? Downtown? Out of the way?

My favorite for Mother's Day, because it's all reservations (and no crowds that never seem to get in) is the really nice Restaurant at (like 20 feet from) Mount Vernon Virginia, G. Washington's Plantation. You may even be too late already to get a reservation, but it's great, and the only people showing up are those with reservations, and they don't overbook, as far as I can tell.

Do NOT confuse this with Mount Vernon Square in the District.

For a closer to Downtown lunch, try Fiola Mare in Georgetown; they also won't have crazy crowds waiting at the entrance, and they won't compromise on quality. It's expensive but you will never feel like you wasted money there.

If mom is "young and foolish" at heart, how about food trucks near the National Gallery of Art? Make a picnic on the benches (no picnic tables); even those trucks can have lines, but you're having family bonding time and I haven't been to a bad one yet.

Edited: 11 April 2018, 02:55
washington dc
Level Contributor
4,789 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Best place for Mother’s Day Brunch

"Drag Brunch" at Perry's is always fun.

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
9,265 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Best place for Mother’s Day Brunch

Is daughter a newcomer to DC? She probably has a good idea of where she has always wanted to go but can't afford :^))

madison
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Best place for Mother’s Day Brunch

Thank you for the ideas. My daughter is 11 and every year we travel somewhere different for Mother’s Day. I looked at Fiola but I don’t think I looked at Georgetown. Will check menu out. Picnic by food trucks sounds great too. I personally would like a mimosa or two so may do food truck lunch on Saturday. What about a steak restaurant for dinner one night? What is a good Sushi option. Thanks!

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
9,265 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Best place for Mother’s Day Brunch

A friend of mine in her 30s thinks the Capital Grille at 6th and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW is the absolute best. Note that the prices can run up to $50 for steaks.

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,865 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Best place for Mother’s Day Brunch

The brunch at Farmers Fishers Bakers in Georgetown was pretty good. But they might be booked up already for Mothers Day

Reply to: Best place for Mother’s Day Brunch
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted