We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife - April 13th-15th

New York City, New...
2 posts
Nightlife - April 13th-15th

Hi everyone, Me & my girlfriend will be heading down to DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival among other things. Its about first time here. We'll be doing the usual touristy stuff, national monument, museums, etc. Are their any notable clubs for dancing? Anything Hip-Hop or Top 40 is fine. We'll be staying in an Airbnb in the H Street Corridor neighborhood but are willing to travel.

7 replies to this topic
Falls Church...
Level Contributor
3,516 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Nightlife - April 13th-15th

Popville or Brightest Young Things or the Post going out guide are good resources.

It's been a long time since I've been to a club like that but Bliss, U Street Music Hall, or Echo Stage might be a good option.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,640 posts
659 reviews
2. Re: Nightlife - April 13th-15th

Not sure on nightclubs but going to a few hotel bars such as the Round Robin at the Willard and "Off the Circle" at the Hay Adams would be good ideas.

washington dc
Level Contributor
4,789 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Nightlife - April 13th-15th

Lots of nightlife activity (mostly 20 something crowd) right on H St. and your Airbnb host will be able to advise you more. Round Robin bar at the Willard and the Hay Adams are about the last places you want to go - old and stodgy.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,708 posts
48 reviews
4. Re: Nightlife - April 13th-15th

Lol. I’m shaking my head at recommendations for the classy hotel bars for someone looking for “ clubs for dancing” featuring “ hip hop or top 40”.

Do people even read the OP before they respond??

Having said that, I’ve been to Round Robin Bar a few times and it’s not really “ old and stodgy”. It’s a mix, including tourists and a good number of folks in their 20’s from nearby offices, as well as older people. But I’ve never heard any Hip Hop in the place lol.

New York City, New...
2 posts
5. Re: Nightlife - April 13th-15th

Least someone gets it lol thanks for the tip! I’m looking for a bar or lounge with dancing. No music venue, no hotels, nothing like that. Just DJ & a bar

Washington DC
Level Contributor
4,122 posts
64 reviews
6. Re: Nightlife - April 13th-15th

Who knows what your Airbnb hosts will know, I don't know why one would assume automatically they'd know places like that, most people do not, actually (unless you are in that demographic). If they are in your demographic, they might.

I don't know if it would be the kind of music you like, but check out Miss Whiskey's

http://www.littlemisswhiskeys.com/

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
276 reviews
7. Re: Nightlife - April 13th-15th

Amsterdam on Ust is a good hip hop and top 40 dance spot. It has a crowd from about 28-45. Another place for younger people (mostly 20s) is madhatter in Dupont. It is also surrounded by other bars with DJ dancing such as Citron, Dirty Bar and around the corner 1831 M st, and Ozio

Reply to: Nightlife - April 13th-15th
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted