We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with bicycle storage

boston
12 posts
Hotels with bicycle storage

My family and I are taking a bike trip this summer that ends in Washington DC. We plan to finish the route at the Lincoln Memorial and want to stay somewhere nearby or in Georgetown. Does anyone know of a hotel that has secure bicycle storage? We won't have our car until the following day. We typically like to stay at 3+ star establishments and have points so price isn't as much of an issue.

Thanks for any tips!

Best Seller
Washington DC Monuments by Moonlight...
1,560 Reviews
from US$ 43.00*
Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley...
1,382 Reviews
from US$ 13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
338 Reviews
from US$ 150.00*
7 replies to this topic
Falls Church...
Level Contributor
3,516 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Hotels with bicycle storage

Not offhand though a lot of garages these days are built with bike accommodations. So if they have a garage onsite you can ask.

There's also a special bike garage near union station. Looks like you could purchase a month membership.

…bikestation.com/bikestation-washington-dc

US
Level Contributor
5,666 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: Hotels with bicycle storage

Hotel Monaco provides bikes to guests- perhaps they could store yours when you stay as well? monaco-dc.com/downtown-washington-dc-hotel-a…

conn
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
172 reviews
3. Re: Hotels with bicycle storage

I have always just brought my bike into the room for the night.

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Hotels with bicycle storage

"I have always just brought my bike into the room for the night."

Interesting, so do you just push the bike through the lobby, into the elevator, then goes up to your room? And the bellman does not say anything? I have never seen that done, so I am just curious.

Level Contributor
794 posts
5. Re: Hotels with bicycle storage

You might want to check with Potomac Pedalers bicycle club site, for info from locals.

https://www.potomacpedalers.org

Washington DC
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
64 reviews
6. Re: Hotels with bicycle storage

Many typical chain hotels don't have "bellmen." A guy where I works just brings his bike into his office, also, that doesn't seem unusual to me for one person or maybe two, but an entire family obviously can't be bringing all those bikes into a hotel room. A lot of typical chain hotels in the suburbs would have a garage, anyway, and I expect you'd chain it in there somehow (like Comfort Inn in Ballston).

I'm not sure why one wants to stay in Georgetown so much, that's a rather inconvenient area with few hotels, no metro, and most of the ones there are high-end, not what one would call a "3 star" hotel. In fact, the smaller boutique quaint, chic hotels or B&Bs are exactly the ones where you probably cannot do this and which don't have garages (I'm thinking the Georgetown Inn or Avery or some place like that).

More convenient hotels might be on E St NW, like the State Plaza or Marriott Ctyd. I think those two are the closest hotels. I guess I'd call them to ask if they had a place you could keep them, I don't think the Plaza has its own garage, but not sure, nor the Marriott Foggy Bottom. I think the best way to do this would be some hotel with its own garage, that's just not common in that particular area. DC isn't a resort or outdoors park destination area, those are the only kind of hotels I have ever seen that expect guests to be bringing bikes to the hotel and have special arrangements for them. Most tourists don't travel by bicycle, obviously, to the city. But more people are biking to work in DC, so I do think the best idea might be to find a public garage near a hotel you want and find one with places to keep bikes in the garage, if the hotel doesn't have its own garage. Not sure how parking bikes in garages works as it would be impossible for them to control the in and out.

YOU can call that Kimpton (which isn't near the Mall, no Kimpton is), but I suspect just because they have a couple of those bikes to give guests doesn't mean they are going to provide storage for a family's set of bikes. They charge a large amt for valet parking, for example. Now River Inn in Foggy Bottom wouldn't be too far away and they ALSO have bikes they give guests, so you could call them to ask if they could have some place to keep them. I think that hotel would be better for a family, anyway.

The Harrington downtown is a very modest hotel but that location (there is a JW Marriott around there also) is probalby about second closest to the Mall from the E St ones. They have a good deal on parking wiht a nearby garage for only $23 a day which included unlimited in and out (not sure how they regulate that for bikes in regular garages.

I also know the Reagan Center garage allows bikes in it (not sure pricing on that or if there even is any), so that may be the best choice, as I said, there are a couple hotels near there -- JW Marriott and Harrington. Club Quarters near the White HOuse isn't too far, either, and they have good rates often. There is also a Hampton Inn nearby. So I'd probably call up that garage and find out details on the bike parking.

conn
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
172 reviews
7. Re: Hotels with bicycle storage

No problem most of the time Its no different than bringing golf clubs or other sporting goods up to your room

Reply to: Hotels with bicycle storage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted