We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purified water dispensers at IAD

Washing
1 post
Purified water dispensers at IAD

Other than the drinking fountains, does Terminal A/B or Terminal C/D have purified water dispensers?

Best Seller
Washington DC Monuments by Moonlight...
1,560 Reviews
from US$ 43.00*
Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley...
1,382 Reviews
from US$ 13.50*
Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC
338 Reviews
from US$ 150.00*
11 replies to this topic
washington dc
Level Contributor
4,789 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Purified water dispensers at IAD

Drinking fountains are as "purified" as anyone could ask for. The same treated/purified/filtered water that a million people drink every day What exactly are you concerned about?

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Purified water dispensers at IAD

The short answer is no, unless you belong to one of those airline clubs that may have them inside the club. You can always buy a bottle of water from the stores inside any terminal. It is usually around 2 to 3 USD.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
276 reviews
3. Re: Purified water dispensers at IAD

Water thoughoit the United States except in certain newsworthy places such as Flint MI is potable. You can use any fountain

conn
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
172 reviews
4. Re: Purified water dispensers at IAD

Airports are not big on bottle filling stations. Use the drinking fountains to fill your bottle.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
4,122 posts
64 reviews
5. Re: Purified water dispensers at IAD

The drinking fountains ARE water bottle filling stations. It's water, what do you want, anyway. I think they even have a special button for that. Of course the water in the drinking fountains is purified. This isn't some third world country.

I like IAD for that reason, some huge international airports in other countries do not even have public drinking fountains, I've noticed. They want to force you to buy water for $5 a bottle or something.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
5,733 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Purified water dispensers at IAD

Unless I missed it, Dulles is behind the curve on drinking fountains with the quick bottle fillers you'll find in public areas of other airports. But that water typically doesn't get "extra" purification. So if you can't live with the slow fill from a standard drinking fountain (and the inability to fill your bottle completely by the need to hold it almost horizontally), your other option is buying.

Middletown
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
7. Re: Purified water dispensers at IAD

Not sure why everyone is giving this poster such a hard time about not wanted to refill their bottle at a drinking fountain, until I stop seeing people placing their ENTIRE mouth on the bubbler, I too will never drink from one.

IAD does have water refill stations, unfortunately, I can't find one single reference as to where they are located. Look for them outside of the bathrooms as in this Instagram post (Circa 2014 when they installed 7 units)

https:/…458684226549084160

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
1 review
8. Re: Purified water dispensers at IAD

It was two months ago. Get over it.

Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Purified water dispensers at IAD

It’s been over 30 years since I’ve drank from a public water fountain. Saw a homeless person spit in one and that was it for me.

Alexandria VA
1 post
10. Re: Purified water dispensers at IAD

Good question. Here’s a brief answer.

The Environmental Working Group found eight significant contaminants in the Arlington County water: bromodichloromethane; chlorate; chloroform; chromium (hexavalent); dibromochloromethane; dichloroacetic acid; total trihalomethanes (TTHMs); and trichloroacetic acid. If you want to argue that the amounts are miniscule, that’s your choice. Ours is to drink the purest water possible, in part on the belief that a little bit of something really bad isn’t good.

Reply to: Purified water dispensers at IAD
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted