We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Marquis, Marriott Metro Center, or Mayflower

Sammamish...
6 posts
Save Topic
Marriott Marquis, Marriott Metro Center, or Mayflower

Trying to decide between these three Marriott Properties for a family of 5 (2 rooms) during Christmas Break. Priority is location to attractions but also dining close by that stays open later. I've heard parts of DC shut down after business hours. We will not have a car. Kids are teens and can walk a lot but not sure if weather will cause us to use the metro more than walk. If they all offer good locations, is one nicer than the others. Or would one have more holiday décor? All priced about the same for the dates I'm searching.

2 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,420 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Marquis, Marriott Metro Center, or Mayflower

Marriott Metro Center is the most convenient location for attractions, good restaurants, and access to transportation. The Mayflower is likely the classiest hotel of the three, and in a nice location near Dupont Circle. The Marquis is good for a convention but not the best choice for tourists.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Marquis, Marriott Metro Center, or Mayflower

I don't know of any parts of DC that "shut down after business hours" except one underground mall at l'Enfant Plaza that caters only to office workers as no one hardly lives in that area, I imagine. None of the hotels you name are near l'Enfant Plaza which is an area with a lot of govt office buildings. None of the hotels you name are in areas that "shut down" ever.

Personally, I'd stay at the Mayflower, I think it's a nicer hotel and a great location.

Reply to: Marriott Marquis, Marriott Metro Center, or Mayflower
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted