We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to D.C.: Live near metro or park at metro?

2 posts
Save Topic
Moving to D.C.: Live near metro or park at metro?

All,

I'm about to relocate to Washington, D.C. and will need to use public transportation to get to Dupont Circle in downtown.

I'm struggling with something. Is it best to find somewhere to live in walking distance to a metro station? Or can I live a little ways away and drive to a metro each day then pay to park there? Does parking at the metro fill up?

Any advice is very much appreciated!

2 replies to this topic
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to D.C.: Live near metro or park at metro?

Also, I'll be commuting downtown every day for work. That's what I meant but realized I didn't make that clear.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,144 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to D.C.: Live near metro or park at metro?

Since this question does not concern travel, this thread will probably be closed soon. But I'll tell you that you definitely want to live someplace within walking distance of a Metro station as opposed to someplace further out where you would have to drive to a Metro station. The traffic in the DC area is among the worst in the nation and you want to avoid it whenever possible.

However, be aware that housing within walking distance of Metro will come at a premium.

Reply to: Moving to D.C.: Live near metro or park at metro?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted