We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day and 1/2 in Washington DC

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Day and 1/2 in Washington DC

My husband and I will be in Washington DC for the weekend of October 28. We would like to see US Botanical Gardens, Hirshborn Museum, Lower Senate Park, Hillwood Estate, and Bishop Park. Is that doable in a day and a half? What is the best way to get around? I appreciate all your advice.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,968 posts
121 reviews
1. Re: Day and 1/2 in Washington DC

Getting to Hillwood Estate and the National Cathedral (where the Bishop's Garden is located) will take a fair amount of time--especially if you are relying on public transportation. (I would pay for a taxi or Lyft to get to these places.)

The Lower Senate Park will take only 10-15 minutes. The Botanical Gardens will take about an hour or so. The Hirschhorn Museum will take 2 hours and more, depending on your interest. I would allow at least 3-4 hours for Hillwood.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,632 posts
659 reviews
2. Re: Day and 1/2 in Washington DC

Stick to central DC in that time frame.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
3,295 reviews
3. Re: Day and 1/2 in Washington DC

We do enjoy National Cathedral (where the Bishop's Garden.

Betting that you will return to DC.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Day and 1/2 in Washington DC

We plan on it. My husband is a photographer so he is trying to go to sites he wants to photograph, outside of the standard tourist sites. Now that my niece and nephew are getting old enough to appreciate it, we plan on going with them and doing the standard list.

5. Re: Day and 1/2 in Washington DC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2018, 10:50