We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket lines for Tours of Bureau of Engraving and Printing

Janesville,IA
Level Contributor
259 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ticket lines for Tours of Bureau of Engraving and Printing

Asked the intern of my Congressmen I set up my tour of the Capitol with and said I have to line up on Raoul Wallenberg Place (formerly 15th Street) to get these tix. But he stated that lines sometimes start at 5:30 A.M. They open up at 8:00 A.M. and are usually out of tix by 8:30 A.M. Is this an exaggeration. Really not feeling like waiting 2 1/2 hours in line on something not high on my to do list. Not to mention 5:30 A.M. is early when you're on vacation. Be in DC June 7 through 12th. 1 hour is probably about long as I want to wait.

Edited: 04 April 2017, 20:12
17 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,891 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ticket lines for Tours of Bureau of Engraving and Printing

The BEP is one attraction in D.C. that does not have online reservations. Some Members of Congress will obtain tickets for their constituents, but many (most) do not. So, visitors should expect to have to go to the BEP in person to get these tickets.

As I type this at 1:30 pm, the BEP website says that tickets for today have all been distributed. From now through the rest of the summer, I think all the tickets will be distributed fairly early in the day.

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
4,237 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ticket lines for Tours of Bureau of Engraving and Printing

Sorry, confused it with another advanced ticket attraction. But the website says, "Tickets for today have all been distributed," as it did our tour day. Yet they had stacks for every 15 minute time slot going forward through that afternoon. So I don't know whether to believe the website.

Oh well.

Illinois
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ticket lines for Tours of Bureau of Engraving and Printing

Just to give a current update. I got here at 7:45 today and there are only 15-20 people ahead of me including kids. I did have some trouble finding my way to Raoul Wallenberg Place from 14th St.

Historic Corydon...
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ticket lines for Tours of Bureau of Engraving and Printing

This past Friday, which was very busy because of cherry blossom peak, I got in line at 7:30 am. There were about 100 people in front me. There were plenty of times left when I got to the booth and I chose a 10:30 slot which was the earliest they had by then.

Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ticket lines for Tours of Bureau of Engraving and Printing

Our reps in Oregon are offering that option for BEP. Hmm.....

Brighton, Michigan
Level Contributor
719 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Ticket lines for Tours of Bureau of Engraving and Printing

Martyk74: how long did it take you to get up to ticket booth once it opened?

Edited: 13 April 2018, 08:24
Historic Corydon...
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Ticket lines for Tours of Bureau of Engraving and Printing

travelwhenIcan - It took maybe 15 minutes. They will have the tour times available posted so all you do is say what time and how many. Since you don't have to pay, it goes pretty fast.

Edited: 13 April 2018, 17:48
Reply to: Ticket lines for Tours of Bureau of Engraving and Printing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted