We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jay Peak Resort

Swanton, Vermont
Level Contributor
58 posts
15 reviews
Jay Peak Resort

I live in Northern Vermont, and often view the Vermont Forum. I want to let everyone know that Vermont doesn't stop north of Stowe!! The Jay Peak resort is now in the midst of a HUGE expansion, and they now have a great indoor/outdoor water park. I haven't been, but friends who have been are very impressed.

For those of you who are considering travel to Vermont for any season, please remember that there are lots of things to do in the north, from the Lake Champlain islands to the covered bridges in Montgomery (the most of any town), to the foliage all through the Northeast Kingdom, and the very best ski areas (Smuggs and Jay). And of course, all are easy day trips from Burlington.

Hope to see you all soon!

Be3tty

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Jay Peak Resort

I'm looking forward to getting up to Jay to check out the new water park one of these days!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Jay Peak Resort

What's being built at Jay Peak is remarkable, almost unbelievable.

I took a tour of the facility last month, and walked away thinking "Wow".

The water park is huge, with a retractable roof for the warmer months, and the facility has to be seen to be believed. The rooms in the new Tramhaus Lodge are very luxurious, and new main hotel will be impressive, too. They are in the midst of building their meeting/conference facilities now. I was there to take a look at the overall resort with the potential to host a large business meeting there next year. I left exceptionally impressed, and I've looked at every major business conference/resort in northern New England.

When Jay Peak Resort is finished, it will be a serious resort. The only drawback, as I see it, are the roads to get there between I-89 and I-91.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,578 posts
93 reviews
3. Re: Jay Peak Resort

Great info - thanks folks! The Jay area sure is pretty indeed.

The Mississqoui Rail Trail is a gem of a rec path too from St. Albans going east too.

4. Re: Jay Peak Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2013, 15:00